xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Future Of Gmail Whats yet to Come in GMail

Actually speaking the main business of Google is advertising, so it will be ready to offer as much features as possible to keep the users coming in.The next thing is, who said that GMail Space is not used by every one. I've nearly 7 GMail ID's and all of them are above 1GB full, that counts to nearly 7GBs. But with their servers in all the countries and continents, this is just a speckle of dust for Google.This is for the users who want more space in GPages, I agree that your request is reasonable. But with this service still in beta and not even support for JavaScript this service is not a very good hosting service. But we may soon expect more features soon.

Well firstly I will say how much I adore Gmail (or Google Mail, as we have to call it here in England, a nice proxy will end that though), it really is the best web mail provider (and indeed the best non search related service Google offers). Regarding the future, as it stands now, it appears to be intergration. You can already add calander events get map links, search the web, see links to other Google services (Picasa Web Albums, and spreadsheets). I would expect to soon see the ability to send Picasa Web photos directly from Gmail, aswell as send Writely and Spreadsheets invitations from Gmail, this would go along way to help tie all of the Google services to gether and drive more traffic to those that do not have as great a following as Gmail does. Also I expect they would be trying hard to solve some of the occasional server problems that still dog Gmail (not as much as they used to thankfully). Although I doubt that Google will be in much of a hurry to upgrade Gmail just yet, given the fact that it still clearly outshines its competitors with some of the older features i.e. Filters and Labels, not to mention the competant spam filter, that you know actually works.

Edited by dontmaimyourself (see edit history)