xisto Community
myspacedirect

Anti-crash Technology Used in RC Planes

This is not about computer but it is still electronic. Has anyone have seen the Anti-Crash Technology in RC planes yet? It uses sensors to "sense" the ground-and-sky orientation of the plane so newbies crash less often. I just have my plane today it ACT works awesome. It's like an autopilot system preventing me from crash and burn!

This is not about computer but it is still electronic. Has anyone have seen the Anti-Crash Technology in RC planes yet? It uses sensors to "sense" the ground-and-sky orientation of the plane so newbies crash less often. I just have my plane today it ACT works awesome. It's like an autopilot system preventing me from crash and burn!

so have you tired diving it into the ground yet lol?

if so what did it do?

Is this technology in airplanes. It might help those rare cases of when planes collide mid air. Or if a terrorist hijacks a plane and tries to crash it the plane could automactically avoid collision. Although this probably would stop plane hijackings altogether.

Sensors and anti-crash software for an RC plane sounds expensive unless you are talking about the large $60,000 RC helecopters that I have seen. This would certainly make RC planes easier to fly. I have one myself, not a very good one because it gets unstable real quick when there is a little wind.@selim: Real planes have a system that is way more complex. In fighter planes for example there is software that can make thousands of adjustments to the plane in one second based on what the sensors tell computers to make sure that the flight is stable. Same thing with passenger planes but on a smaller scale. Your suggestion of having software drive the plane to avoid collision to prevent terrorism is a dangerous idea. Having software drive the plane that you can't override is just asking for disaster, software naturally have glitches except in this case it could mean death.

Oh.. I've seen a model of this technology being built on a remote-controlled toy helicopter in my school. It hardly crashes when the "driver" forces it near the wall, it just simply move backwards like a magnet being repelled or something.The developer also demonstrated how he could land his helicopter without controlling it, allowing it to decent by its own using its sensors. It did successfully and landed slowly with a slight bouncing effect at mid-air, and then landed smoothly.I guess such technology can be implemented to real helicopters and probably aircrafts too. At least it minimises the risks of crashing.

I didn't mean planes being completely flown by software. I just meant using this bit of technology to prevent collisions. So if the pilot fell asleep and the plane was slowly decending into a mountain then the software would take over and raise the plane so it doesn't crash. And I believe the autopilot is a type of software pilots use to fly planes when little manual input is needed. This software has most likely undergone hundreds of days of testing and simulation to make sure it's safe and if it does make an error the pilot is on hand to switch it off and take control.

lol i can bet you they are also trying to make this usable for the goverment so they can program a misson for a plane to fly over say a war zone or somewhere where we need intel... and if it were to be shot down or taken it would not matter as much to get it out of there due to the fact that theres no piolt

Doesn't the military already have those unmanned spy planes. I think they are called UAVs. Not sure if thay are in use, although if they were I doubt the military would be making a big deal about it.

Has anyone ever watch the show, "Mayday". A commercial plane, with sensors showing how high they are flying, and the closeness to the ground. This plane crashed because they were relying on these sensors. When the ground crew were cleaning the plane, before take off, they taped the sensors, on the outside of the plane. This made the sensors give false readings. The plane crashed, losing all life; just because of two pieces of tape.