xisto Community
oazisklub

Recommend Lcd Monitors purchasing brand name?

Hello. Unfortunately now I have a CRT monitor, and I would like to buy an LCD one, but I don`t know from what manufacture to buy. PLS help me, I`m in a dilemma.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Please be specific with the topic title and place description as well.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I have heard on numerous occasions Samsung has very good quality LCD screens, both monitors and TV's. Apparantly their dead/dark/light pixel warranty is very good also, so I would highly recommend. Alternatively, I know a few people who have had BenQ's with no problem (I am/was unlucky - my BenQ had some dark pixels and I had to return it quickly for the 7 day DOA policy).

I think that Samsung has the best LCD monitors in terms of quality. They always keep their products at the top of the line. I'm not sure about now, but when I purchased mine the manufacturer warranty was pretty bad. In order to get a replacement I would have needed 1 backlight to be dead or 25 dead pixels or something like that so I purchased an in-store warranty for another $150. My monitor is currently around 1 year old now and I have had no problems with it. It is a SyncMaster 930B. It was top of the line 19inch when I bought it and it's still working great.

If it's monitors, I would highly recommend Viewsonic monitors, this is their main product and has actually been pretty good basing from my own experience.About Samsung, they do really look good but the quality is not that I am very fond of, three of my friends have this LCD monitor and guess what, all of them failed with just almost six months in use, it may be coincidence but that turned me away from that model. Hope this is not all the case for all Samsung though.

Does 150 CDN$ LCD monitor with or with out Built-In speaker exist ? Since i would like to buy one i dont want to blow out my budget since my moms left me on that one LOl :)

They do exist, but probably second hand. Well for high quality lcds, get Eizo first, next is Samsung, then Phillips. Anything else will either be expensive or dull. For the most stylish ones but not so bad, get Sony. But if you have only 150 bucks, go to ebay.