xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
logophobia

Google Browser? Wouldnt that be cool..

...And not to mention, more people making w3c complaint sites so firefox doesn't choke on it anymore <_<.

Well, it would be cool. But what's next? Google OS? I don't think this is what Google should do. There are already so much browsers with each an other way to display webpages (wich could be kinda fun for those webdesigner geeks).
There already is a toolbar wich makes a Google browser a bit useless; why install another browser when you already have one with a Google toolbar. I don't think it will be a big succes, although Google suprised me several times. . .

Yeah, but alot of peeps know google, use it everyday, use their toolbars etc etc. The step to a new browser (like firefox) they totally don't know may be scary. But if its a Gbrowser, who knows. If they make it better then ff or opera, it could be a big hit <_<. ff is allready at 5% marked share or something, even as much as 30% on some sites (w3schools). That means theres at least some demand for a new good browser.

Next thing will be Google OS <_<)))Google browser , i think , will be very popular , very fast .When GMail was realesed , lot of people told "WOW 1GB!! , I can't beleive"I wasn't trust in that I will get GMail acount , but now I have lot of invites :blink:

I got my own email-adress from my domain with 60 mb (pop3, for free, with firstname@lastname.net, got it from my uncle) so i won't need gMail. Although it sounds like its quite cool, and i could probally get an invite from a friend if i wanted it. I really doubt an entire google OS is gonna happen. I imagen its a tremendous amount of work to do this and it will have little benefit for them (ai integrating their search-tech in their OS), and they will have to directly compete with ms on a point where they are good at (OS is one of their strongest points, as in, more popular at the large public). A browser however would be very atractive for them, as a good fast OSS browser allready excist. With a few xtra features a rebranded version could quickly take over the marked (as firefox, a total newcomer is doing now).