xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gameratheart

Activex Error Messages? And Popups? Are these normally on the forums?

While browsing the Xisto forums today, two things strike me as weird.

While I was hanging around the forum index, I get a popup from a website [i will not name to obey the rules], which my browser claims came from this website. But since when did Xisto use pop-up advertising?

At the same time, the following error message appears:

Your current security settings prevent ActiveX from being displayed. As a result, this page may not work correctly.

(Or something very close to that, you can't copy error message text.) This message popped up again while I visited a few topics, but I have not had it before this. Why has it suddenly started popping up?

Can someone tell me what is going on, please?

But I don't get that... because ActiveX has not been stopped from executing before on this webpage... unless it was never even used before...It's possible because I have all websites I haven't marked as safe or unsafe on IE to use Medium-High security.But what of the pop-under advertisment?