xisto Community
moldboy

Reset Hosting

I don't necessarly want to do this now, but is it possable to have my hosting account reset to the point it was when I started? I've messed it up quite a bit and would maybe just like to start fresh

Try deleting all files and folders under public_html EXCEPT for the followings:

_private_vti_bin
_vti_cnf
_vit_log
_vit_pvt
_vti_txt
cgi-bin
images
.htaccess
_vti_inf.html
postinfo.html

and of course reset your database by deleting the user and user permission. And if you had addon domains delete them first.

I'm not sure if this will work but open Windows WordPad or anything that can edit your .htaccess file and see if it matches this. All others should be removed. This was my default .htaccess which I backed up to my local drive. It's always nice to backup even a little file like this. I have removed my info and placed with a generic name.

# -FrontPage-IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*<Limit GET POST>order deny,allowdeny from allallow from all</Limit><Limit PUT DELETE>order deny,allowdeny from all</Limit>AuthName yoursite.trap17.com/AuthUserFile /home/Your_cpanel_user_ID/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.pwdAuthGroupFile /home/Your_cpanel_user_ID/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.grp

Note: Change "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; to your site's name and "Your_cpanel_user_ID" to your cpanel ID.
Since everyone's .htaccess file starts with the same default values I'm assuming it's safe to share this information. Otherwise please let me know.