xisto Community
brandice

Water Shut Off But We Paid The Bill I am covered in soap

The water bill was dropped off at the place two days ago. I don't know what happened, but today when I was in the middle of a shower, shampoo in my hair and body wash from head to my knees, they came and shut off our water. So now I guess I am doing research on what happens to someone covered in dry soap. I tried to get most of it off with towels but I am sort of itchy in places. I am afraid to take this towel turban off of my hair. I hope there are no long term effects from having shampoo in your hair for who knows how long. this is really not any fun at all.We've called my mom at work, who is going to/has called the water company. I just hope this all works out soon. There's a obbsessive compulsive handwasher in the house that is going crazy!

Mistakes happen. Or maybe there was a Water Main leaking and they had to fix it? The Infrastucture in our Towns and Cities need regular maintenance. And how do you maintain something which is buried underground?Shampoo shouldn't hurt your hair. It is pretty safe.Tell that O/C to go to a neighbour's house for a while until this situation gets resolved.

I would recommend you wash the soap off/shampoo out as soon as possible. Dry soap on your skin will cause your skin to dry out and flake, while shampoo in your hair can cause you to get dandruff (flaky scalp).

well if you can (as in it won't be too inappropriate, hope over to your neighbor's yard and use their hose to wash the soap/shampoo off. Also if their water is shut off you can be pretty sure that it isn't just you. (pipes break, need fixing, need adding on to, etc.)

I don't think that the soap or shampoo will kill you if you don't wash it off straight away, i've never had the water turned off on me before (water is paid by our landlord :rolleyes: ) you could always keep some bottles of water handy in case something happens like this again, to help you rinse off..

I think like when you have some soap suds get on you and you leave it there i think you get itchy or something. Like when i was my clothes and there still some detergent residue, i get itchy.I never had the water turn off but one time i went in the bathroom doing number two and then the water wouldn't flush because there were no water they shut it off. good thing iwasn't taking a bath.

Thats really strange that it got shut off with no explanation... if it were my system it would only be the hot water because we don't pay for the cold (its included in the landlords land rates).Does your mum own the place or rent? Maybe the landlord is at fault or there is a general issue in your neighbourhood?

It was just our house. We live in this unincorperated subdivision- which is pretty much a neighborhood that can make up it's own rules. In the past they have encouraged people to pay with cash in the night slot. Horrible idea, but that's what they tell you to do.

So my mom went in and explained the situation. They told her that someone that she must have given the payment to one of her family members and they stole it. She said she had witnesses, and the security cameras probably have her on tape. She told them, very loudly, that is there was a thief anywhere it was in their house. She made a scene. But she still had to pay the same amount as she did before. :rolleyes: Hopefully the people will figure out who stole it. They were trying to treat my mom like she was crazy. But she learned her lesson the hard way and even though they try to tell people not to pay with a check (crazy, isn't it?) she is going to pay with a check from now on. The one good thing, she said, was "that they didn't charge me the $30 to turn it back on"

On a lighter note, there were really no ill effects from having shampoo in my hair and soap on me for three hours. After a deep conditioning my hair looked fine. And the body wash was probably 90% lotion anyway so that's good.

Thats terrible that they did that to your Mum! I can't believe that service your poor Mum :)And to ask to pay in cash is so... wow its very backwards, the water company seems to be set back in time, how can they expect people just to put cash into a slot and feel secure that everything will be ok.Is there any type of group that you can complain to about this company? Its not right that they treat customers like that. Did they even send out a reminder for payment before turning it off?I feel so sorry for you for having to put up with that :rolleyes: