xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
x2crazy4shadyx

Css Cal Config Client CASEYS config

Casey's Source Config & Tweak GuideLast Updated: 12/18/05Below is my expanded tweak guide for getting the best performance out of CS: Source.DriversFirst and foremost, drivers are key to performance; but not all drivers are created equal, and no one driver is right for every card. It is up to you to research and test to find the best driver for your specific card. However, below are some generally recommended 3rd-party drivers for your brand of card. One thing to keep in mind: Just because a driver is newer doesn't mean it's better. You'll need to test different versions to find out which one best suits your card.ATi Recommended Drivers:OmegaDriversDNA-DriversnVidia Recommended Drivers:DNA-DriversNGO DriversWhen removing previous driver installations, it's very important to make sure all files and registry entries have been removed before installing your new driver. Following these directions should help ensure your old drivers are properly uninstalled and new ones installed:Download, install, and update Driver CleanerDownload new driverUninstall previous driver via Add/Remove Programs in the Control PanelReboot in Safe Mode (F8)Run Driver CleanerRebootInstall new driverNote: If you have discovered an optimal driver for a specific model of card, feel free to PM me and I'll compile a list of recommended drivers for different card models.Launch OptionsSource has many performance-friendly launch options built-in that you may find give you a significant performance gain.Launch properties can be added by right-clicking Counter-Strike: Source in Steam's My Games menu, clicking Properties, then Launch Options.-dxlevel: Sets the DirectX level Source runs in.You may find that setting this value lower than what your card can actually support to yield a performance increase. For example, a DirectX 9 card may run significantly faster in DirectX 8. Below is the recommended usage:-dxlevel 90 for DirectX 9-dxlevel 81 for DirectX 8.1-dxlevel 80 for DirectX 8-dxlevel 70 for DirectX 7-heapsize: Dedicates a specific amount of memory to Source.Increasing the allotted memory can yield substantial performance gains. However, it is important that you dedicate the right amount of memory. Dedicating too much or too little could actually cause a performance decrease.It is recommended you dedicate half of your system memory. Below is the recommended usage:512MB System Memory: -heapsize 2621441GB System Memory: -heapsize 5242882GB System Memory: -heapsize 1048576(I'll add more later.)CVARsThe following is a list of CVAR tweaks I've compiled through experimenting and various research. These commands help to strike an appropriate balance between quality and performance. You can find other CFGs that basically destroy the look of the game. I tried to maintain the appeal of Source while making it playable. These commands are CAL / CSP compliant.Simply paste the following into Notepad, and save the file as autoexec.cfg in your Steam\SteamApps\your@email.com\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg folder.Note: The comments will not interfere with the commands.//Casey's Source Config//Updated 12/18/05// _Set netcode settings_// _adjusts hitboxes and netcode settings for optimal registration_cl_cmdrate 101cl_interp 0.01cl_interpolate 1cl_lagcomp_errorcheck 1cl_lagcompensation 1cl_updaterate 101cl_smooth 1rate 25000// _Set graphics settings_// _adjusts graphics settings to boost framerate_cl_ejectbrass 0 // _disables shells flying out of guns_cl_forcepreload 1cl_phys_props_enable 0 // _disables trash and cans etc_cl_phys_props_max 0 // _disables trash and cans etc_cl_radartype 1 // _solid radar_cl_ragdoll_physics_enable 0 // _disables dead bodies_cl_show_splashes 0 // _disables splashes when in water_fps_max 101 // _caps FPS_mat_bloomscale 0mat_bumpmap 0 // _disables bumpmapping_mat_clipz 0 // _lowers water quality_mat_fastnobump 1 // _faster bump mapping_mat_fastspecular 1 // _fast specular lighting_mat_mipmaptextures 1 // _texture quality decreases with distance_mat_hdr_enabled 0 // _disables high dynamic range lighting_mat_hdr_level 0 // _disables high dynamic range lighting_mat_picmip 2 // _lower texture quality--set between 0 and 2_mat_specular 0 // _disables specular lighting_mat_trilinear 0 // _disables trilinear filtering_mat_wateroverlaysize 16 // _lowers water quality_mat_vsync 0 // _disables vertical synchronization_mp_decals 50 // _how many bullets etc will be shown_muzzleflash_light 0 // _disables muzzleflash_r_avglight 0 // _disables average lighting_r_cheapwaterend 1 // _worse water rendering_r_cheapwaterstart 1 // _worse water rendering_r_decal_cullsize 2 // _lower texture quality at distance_r_decals 0 // _disables player sprays_r_drawdetailprops 0r_drawflecks 0// _disables bullet impacts_r_drawmodeldecals 0 // _disables decals on models_r_dynamic 0r_eyes 0 // _removes eyes from player models_r_lightaverage 0 // _disables average lighting_r_lightinterp 0r_lod 3 // _adjusts model quality--set between -5 and 5_r_occlusion 0 // _disables occlusion--lowers image quality but gains FPS_r_propsmaxdist 100 // _lower object fading distance_r_renderoverlayfragment 0r_rootlod 2 // _lower overall game detail level_r_shadows 1 // _set to 0 to disable shadows (not recommended)_r_teeth 0 // _removes teeth from player models_r_waterforceexpensive 0 // _disables high-quality water_rope_averagelight 0 // _disables average lighting on ropes_rope_smooth 0 // _disables antialiasing on ropes_rope_subdiv 0rope_wind_dist 0 // _disables wind effects on ropes_// _Set processing settings_// _transfers load from GPU to CPU to boost performance_r_3dnow 1r_mmx 1r_sse 1r_sse2 1// _Set audio settings_// _corrects audio synchronization_snd_mixahead // _adjust in intervals of .1 to reduce stuttering_// _Set violence settings_// _increases blood to help you see hits better_violence_ablood 1violence_agibs 1violence_hblood 1violence_hgibs 1// _Other settings_budget_show_history 0cl_crosshairalpha 999cl_crosshairusealpha 1jpeg_quality 100sv_forcepreload 1clearecho "_casey's config loaded_"Update notes: New HDR and other commands added. Thanks to Marlin for his contribution

my pc

Css Cal Config Client

Replying to x2crazy4shadyx

I have a nvidia 8600 gt XXX pentium 4 3.2 processor and 2 gigs of ram.

I CANT run counterstrike cz or 1.6 at 100 fps constant its really annoying and they are really old games. And I play a little cs:s too and I get about 40 average fps, and did I mention also I'm running on vista. I need to know what are some good drivers for my video card and if you can give me some other stuff thanks.

-reply by Andrew Salazar

Short of getting any tweaks or cfg's id say dump windows vista and settle for xp. Vista needs a lot of resources to run and is only worthwhile on a very good computer. With a pc of your specs vista is not worth it and is holding you back ;).

Well, you should try using Windows 2000, press windows key + Page break, then go to advanced, then go to settings click adjust for perfomance.

You should use cevos config for fps it's the best out here Click Here For Cevo Fps Cfg

Some cards run better with trillinear and not bilinear. try lowering down the Resolution to 800x600 or lower.

Also try using refresh lock or something to lock you're Hz

f*** that

Css Cal Config Client

Keep vista... If it runs to many resources you need a damn upgrade... It takes about 1GB of ram to run vista.. So 2GB is garbage. Get minimum 3. I got 4GB and run css on a laptop. It runs great. About 60fps

-reply by bryan

Hmmmm....

Css Cal Config Client

I only have 2 gig of ddr 500 @ ddr 540 and easily surpass 140fps at all times ingame.

I am also using vista 64 ultimate. 2 gig is more than sufficient for css on vista. Your opinion is garbage, and its uneducated to think that 2 gig is worthless.

-reply by Whippy

I am using core 2 quad 2.5 GHZ. 8 gb ddr2, 1 gb GeForece Graphics card.And I get 100 fps constant.I am having a trouble.I c some other players when they open their fires like whole burst, itMakes damage to the enemy, but when I try to open my burst it doesn'tDamage enemy and then he simply moves and kills me.So I only have to fire 2 or 3 bullets at one time. But some time 2 or 3Bullets are not enough to kill an enemy.And I also noticed once I played in GZ. And I did play better than myHome pc. Any suggestion? I am using laser mouse.Angel Bros. BB