xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
danylati

Ati X1900xt 512mb

Well personally I never buy a card when it first comes out, exspecially when its the flagship card meaning its the top ATI has to offer..I usually go for midrange/high midrange for my graphics cards. even though ive been only through two of them, I found this strategy to work pretty well. But that is because I am a student and as all students have limited money it was my only option, but if you want awesome graphix for a solid 1.5+ years then go for it! as long as you have enough money for your normal ruotines, ummmmmyeah i think thats about all I had to say.oh and when you do buy it be sure to go to 3dmark google it and then run the progrma so you can compare your gfx score with everyone elses. :-D

i don't really think it worth it spending that much on a graphic card.. .unless you are one of those hardcore gammer that requires a powerful graphic card.. well.. it's your money. .so i don't have any saying in this.. but make sure your computer could handle the graphic card. .AHAHA. .would suck if you bought it and your computer can't handle it.... or can't handle the game that you wants... which make the graphic card have no use...by the way.. how much would that cost?... i bet it would probably be over 600 dollars.... (just buy a new computer with it .. ahahaa)

ATI x1900 is a good card. There are quite a few x1900 on the market. The original XT card, the XTX card and the crossfire card. Personally, I don't think ATI's crossfire is as mature as GeForce's SLI at the moment, in terms of hardware (e.g. motherboard and chipset) support and game support, so if you really want to set up a SLI system, GeForce series may be better, even 7800 GTX is comparable to X1900 series on single card performance. GTX has 3D mark03 of 8177 compared to 8111 of X1900 and 6001 compared to 7389 of X1900. X1000 series seem to be good at pixel shader, so they generally get better benchmarks on newer tests. There is an X1900 from HIS, quite good a R580 card. Try look for it.

i never buy new line cards. way over priced. (then again, i don't game anymore). i still run on a 9800 pro which plays most games at max, except for some that deal with more stuff that i dont know about. but all in all, i would say x850 is the best one for the money ($150!!!)personally, i think ati's latest series just kicks butt. if you're willing to spend the money, the x1900 is worth it.

wow, at about above $600 price range I'm sure this will be a very powerful graphics card, if you can afford this then you are one rich man, $600 for a graphic card would be too impractical for me but if you really think this will bring you satisfaction then go for it but before doing that and just what other people have mentioned, check the system requirements first and make sure that your current system will be able to handle this one powerful card.I'd love to have that on my system though but only if it's free lol!

From Anandtech's rating of the 1900, it sure puts the 7800GTX in its place. It only lacked in Black & White 2, but ATI has put out a patch for that and it's supposed to put back the performance it lacked. Overall it's a great card, but with a $550 price tag, I'm waiting another year before I get it... which I will... and laugh in triumph!

if you really want to spend $550 for a single video card, go ahead. If I were you, I'd just wait 6 months and it'll be down to $250 or $300 easily. Though the games are being developed faster than the hardware that supports it, the only people who can really benefit from the most recent gamesa re those that can afford monthly upgrades. But if you are some rich man's kid, shoot for it.