xisto Community
xavierrd

J2me Somebody? Who makes his/her own applications?

:) I've found Java is a very powerful languaje and opens possibilities among cell phones, I just would like to know: what else could I make instead of games?? I know it's a matter of needs or creativity, I just would like to know what other people think.Thanks :)

Other then games? Well utilities are nice, how about a tool to keep score of a round of golf, or to keep the score of all the players in a game. Most phone have notepads, but you might be able to come up with some advanced features. Excerise routines, or diet planners and logs. Um, if you have a website you could build a Java based frount end for it designed for the phone. That's all I gots right about now.

Other then games? Well utilities are nice, how about a tool to keep score of a round of golf, or to keep the score of all the players in a game. Most phone have notepads, but you might be able to come up with some advanced features. Excerise routines, or diet planners and logs. Um, if you have a website you could build a Java based frount end for it designed for the phone. That's all I gots right about now.

a few months ago I successfully made some applications with J2ME for my cell phone.

My super calendar.

My tetris game.

My mineswipper game.

My unix trainer.

My QBasic trainer.

and some samples...

I found cool mobile games developer's site - http://www.mobilegd.com/.

Some applications at this site:

Digital Lotus

Digital Lotus creates ever changing, colorful and flowing patterns of lotus flowers. This will give you a hypnotic, mystical and uplifting experience.

QuranReader for Mobiles

Read and Search the Holy Quran. Quran Reader provides Arabic with verse by verse english translation. Supports MIDP 2.0 java-enabled phones. Note: Mobile must support .jar files larger than 850KB and screen width should be at least 128 pixels wide.

Encantadia

This is the mobile game for the hit Philippines TV series "Encantadia". Its tested using Mot-C650 but it should run on all J2ME capable phones.

at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Fuel Consumption for Nokia 6682

Application Fuel Consumption tracks average fuel consumption of your vehicle

Visual Calculator for Nokia 6682

New friendly and easy to use visual calculator.

Ultilities... Good alternatives to games which I always wanted to find for my mobile phone. Perhaps you would like to send us some of your creations.. :)Anyway, some utilities which I always wanted on my mobile phone:1) Personal Notepad2) Note Message Storage3) Message EncrypterI couldn't find such programs as yet. Probably you will be the first.

I already started a treat http://forums.xisto.com/topic/32464-free-mobile-gamessoftware-legal-free-stuff-for-mobile-phones/ with a link to the bigest j2me development community, and there u can douwnload ~500 examples from alien inviders or snake games to spreedsheet or shopping list utilities, not mentioning the variety of notepads and text editors, all fully free!

And if you want to check your java enablet mobile phone capabilities, check out the http://forums.xisto.com/topic/32764-mobile-phone-benchmark-tests-benchmark-your-phone-and-post-results/ about phone benchmarking software and deep analysis.

Thank u for reading :)

Thanks to you all for reading and writting!!! Now I feel encouraged to start woth J2ME programming! I guess I'll start with Netbeans and some other stuff from Nokia, they seem reliable. I'm sure we'll hear more and more of that in the years to come, as the mobile phones are more advanced. As soon as I make something serious :rolleyes: I'll let you know! Thanx again!

j2me project

J2me Somebody?

Hello,

My name is shalini,I m a final year student of computer science... As a part of our syllabus we are supposed to develop a proj in J2ME. I was thinking to build a timer message facility I.E sending a message at a perticular time for Nokia and-72 mobile.Please tell me whether this idea is feasible or not.Pleas recommend some articles or some website on this so that I could go through it and have better idea regarding it...

Waiting for the reply

Thanking you

Shalini

-question by shalini

useful applications

J2me Somebody?

Replying to xavierrd

I made an application that solves linear equations and manipulate matrix up to 9x9, it's very useful for students, if you want to try it it's on my website

Trentonline.Altervista.Org

-reply by alberto