xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Becca

Which Dslr/slr Camera I need a cheap but good one

I am currently thinking of selling my Pentax Optio s5i camera(poo) to get a cheap DSLR/SLR camera as my mum already has a compact digicam and we don't need another one. Trouble is I don't know what to look for. I've looked through magazines, cataloques and the reviews on the internet but I can't find one that suits.I want one under $300(can't afford anything higher) that is has a really good quality. I've seen some around that price range, but they aren't very pleasing. I've had a look at the Cheap Nikon E55, and was wondering if the price was low for some bad reasons.

Nikon E55 doesn't exist. Maybe F55 :)What you want will cost you. And cost you big. And it isn't such a small decision. First - I would like to ask - why would you want a SLR?Second - you got to choose not between a machine or another but between systems. Nikon Canon Minolta Pentax et caetera.If you want to do some art photography, I even recommend buying an Asahi Pentax Spotmatic II (with working lightmeter - or better a separate lightmeter for 100$ more). The Pentax wouldn't cost more than 150$ and the rest you can put away for film and processing or buy another lens.

(sorry I don't have edit button :) )The F55 isn't cheap because it's "bad". Or well - it depends how do you understand "bad". It has the same metering sistem as the F80 or F100. The same exposure programs. The same mount. The same electronics. But you won't get a pentaprism - which means small and dark viewfinder. You won't get a dampened mirror. You won't get DOF preview. And the whole thing is in a flimsy case which I recommend you don't drop.