xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plenoptic

Man Out Of Jail After 24 Years Of Innocence

That is horrible. Twenty five years of your life is gone. How do you get that back? I hope he sues the city/state where he is from and gets millions of dollars. Even that isn't going to make up for lost time, but hopefully it will give him piece of mind for the rest of the time he does have left on this earth. That is heartbreaking to know our system is so flawed that a man has to spend a quarter of a century in jail for nothing. Where's the real perpetrator? If people weren't so damned lazy and corrupt we wouldn't have these problems.

wow sad it took so long some people say that it takes alot of time to do certain things like tha but i don't believe them it shouldnt take that long to proves someone innocent and shouldnt they shouldve tooked the dna test before they locked him up did they just lock him cuz they THOUGH he was the person who did the crimes sounds wierd to me but i don't know anyways props on the info man good looks

223843[/snapback]

The thing is they didn't have DNA testing available to them in 1981. This is all relatively new and they had no concept of DNA testing because we were still studying DNA. That is why they have this program now that allows them to go back and study old cases to try and prove someone innocent. Back then if someone believed it was them and could pick them out in a lineup that was sort of tough luck.