xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
webmaster_2006

How To: Punish People In Football Tackling Tips

First off, let's talk about muscle. You can have the biggest arms the world has seen and you can be a big wimp when it comes to tackling someone. Why? How many people tackle using just there arms? Not too many, and if they do, they aren't going to have too many tackles that way. The secret is: the stronger your lower body (legs, stomach, etc.) to more harder that you will hit people when you are tackling them. Watch some football games, and you will see that most people on defense are moving their legs when they are tackling someone. That's because you have much more leverage in your lower body than in your upper body. It will always be this way, so you can drop the dumbell for the time being.Now that you know you need lower body strength to be more aggressive, let's talk about the proper technique that should be used. One of the most important things to remember is where you begin your tackle. Tackles that start too high are most likely going to result in you lying flat on your back, while the ball carrier is taking it to the house. The best place to start a tackle is near the hips. Make contact with your shoulder in the ball carrier's stomach...so they feel the hit the next play. After the initial contact, wrap your arms around the ball carrier and follow through with your tackle. When I say follow through, I do not me fall on the guy. I mean, crush him using muscle. Make him collapse like a deck of playing cards. If you follow these steps, you will complete over 95% of all the tackles that you attempt.Make sure you do squats! They work the lower body muscles, and will help you become a better tackler. You can still workout your arms, just focus more on lower body strength. Trust me, it's all well worth it once you get on the field and start punishing people.

Primarally your legs are usually around 3 x as Strong as your upper strength..and its easier to bulk up on your leg muscles also...i suppose some of the power from tackling with your legs is your thrustng power...for each stride and how far you push yourself off the ground..directly into sombody...thatw ould play a big part in it i suppose.and thats my input !!

How do you tackle someone bigger than you when they tilt their upper body forward which for me makes it harder to go for the lower part of his body without hurting your neck or something or your shoulder?

replay to iguest

How To: Punish People In Football

To tackle someone bigger than you you'll have to go for the legs. Wrap-up around the knees. He'll go down.

-reply by david ross