xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Chez

The Elder Scrolls Iv Oblivion Release Dates (official ship date released)

so.....how's everyone doing?ok?that's good, glad to hear it.so, um.....WHEN THE HECK IS ELDER SCROLLS IV: OBLIVION COMING OUT?!*ahem*I heard it was march now. late march...so, whatever happened to DECEMBER 30TH!??!?!?!!I wouldn't mind the extra time if they were adding a mutiplayer or more maps, but no! apprently, they're just tweaking. all fine and good. it's hard to work with new technology (can't wait for radiant AI), but sheesh, it just keeps being pushed back everytime we get within a couple weeks of its "new" release date. *eugh*//end rant

Edited by Chez (see edit history)

It's true that it has been delayed a few times now, but it's better that they delay it and solve bugs and such things, then that they release it anyway and we get a bad game. But, just like you, I hope it stays with this release, i know some guys that are really looking forward too it.

The only reason they held it back was because the creators found a massive glitch in the game that needed repairing. After they found it, they thought of some new add-ons, thus moving the release date.Also, don't ever expect multiplayer from an Elder Scrolls game. Like said in one of the interviews, the game is too massive to have online play. Loading 2+ people is like loading the game twice. Not to mention a bunch of lag. They would rather create the best single player game then a game with multiplayer.

I wouldn't mind the extra time if they were adding a mutiplayer or more maps, but no!  apprently, they're just tweaking.  all fine and good.  it's hard to work with new technology (can't wait for radiant AI), but sheesh, it just keeps being pushed back everytime we get within a couple weeks of its "new" release date.  *eugh*

It seems that you don't know what kind of game the elder scrolls oblivion is or will be, it doesn't consist of a certain number of maps or is intended to be a multiplayer game. Don't think it's an ego shooter :(
And in total they only moved the release date once, not "all couple weeks" :(

i knew that it wasnt going to be ready by the december deadline after i researched how far they were into making it. Right now the only thing i heard about it so far was that they are still in testing and there is a beta verison out. This beta verison is suppose to be coming out to the public in feburary for the pc. I dont know anything else about it, just that it will be out for the xbox 360 and the pc once it does release.

I agree with Moody; I would much rather wait a couple months longer and get a game that is virtually bug-free, instead of get excited, buy it, have it crash, and then have to wait a month or two for a patch to fix the fatal flaw. Furthermore, I like the concept of the developer team adding more to the game - it never hurts to make a good thing better.Out of curiosity, has anyone seen any images that show what kinds of effects will be put on enchanted weapons? The enchanted weapon effects in Morrowind were so pathetic that I almost cried. I think/hope they can do better than a little blur effects on a weapon to let one know it's enchanted (I would like to see effects similar to those on enchanted weapons in Neverwinter Nights, except with more variety/detail, of course).

It seems that you don't know what kind of game the elder scrolls oblivion is or will be, it doesn't consist of a certain number of maps or is intended to be a multiplayer game. Don't think it's an ego shooter  :(                 

And in total they only moved the release date once, not "all couple weeks"  :(

222362[/snapback]

No, by maps I mean like the Game of the Year edition for morrowind where you have the Imperial City (I forgot the name already! noooo) and battle alexmathia. That wasn't in the orgional "map."

I know it's not going to be MP, but don't wish it were? at least an MP option? Would certainly give WoW a run for it's money, especially if the online play was free :D:( :(

The only thing I am concerned about is the feeling. Morrowind had that superbe feeling of YOU being THERE. It had a whole world, full of life and mystery and books and intrigues and I wouldn't want that to disappear. When I've seen the astonashing graphics of TES4 I was sad - what if they concentrated all their potential on that?Those who are old enough from here (jeez, I sound like grandpa) probably know that they don't make games like they used to. TES3 was like remembering the old days and was the last game I played from start till end. I hope TES4 will be like that too :)