xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
seanooi

403 Forbidden image files in subdomain

I've just created a subdomain and put in image files. But when i tried to access it through sean.vainro.trap17.com/johnnyblue/images/bullet.gif this error comes up

ForbiddenYou don't have permission to access /johnnyblue/images/bullet.gif on this server.Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.Apache/1.3.34 Server at sean.vainro.trap17.com Port 80
can anyone please help?

I've just created a subdomain and put in image files. But when i tried to access it through sean.vainro.trap17.com/johnnyblue/images/bullet.gif this error comes up

ForbiddenYou don't have permission to access /johnnyblue/images/bullet.gif on this server.Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.Apache/1.3.34 Server at sean.vainro.trap17.com Port 80
can anyone please help?

221881[/snapback]

You haven't given enough privileges to that image. Set it to be read as anybody (CHMOD 711).

Actually, permissions are r-w-x:4-2-1, so read access is 4, then permissions should be 7-4-4 at minimum on the file to allow for read access.

You can't execute an Image file that I know of, so the 7 for Owner is redundant, but?

Check permissions for the Sub-domain and folders inside it.

Check the Hot linking status at the cPanel to ensure that the sub-domain is allowed to access the 'type'of Image by file extension. Ensure 'gif' is listed as an allowed file type.

Another place to check, are there any bans by IP?(IP Deny Manager).

So you have a sub-domain named Sean in your account named vainro.trap17.com, and a folder within that sub-domain named johnnyblue, and a folder inside johnnyblue named images? or is the sub-domain named johnnyblue?

Did you by chance create johnnyblue as a sub-domain of a sub-domain? I don't think that would work.

Here is an url structured similarly, let's see if it posts here:

Url: Is this you?

Posted Image

Permissions for this gif is set to 0644. Folders are 755 all the way down. Your credits look good, (over ten) and you have had a couple of posts today, but the account should be active. I'm stumped.

Oh, did you allow for 'direct url' access on the Hotlinking page? or does this matter?

YES!!! it does matter ... uncheck the enable direct linking box... and disable Hotlink protection... because with that in effect, I received the same error message on this gif, using these permissions. Good Night.

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)