xisto Community
realthor

Wmvare Question fullscreen in wmvare???how

hello, recently i started trying various linuxes on my winXP machine and one annoying thing is that WMplayer in full-screen mode doesn't allow full screen as it is on my 17" monitor but just as about 15" and there's even a wmvare bar on top which i can't get rid of even in full screen and it doesn't allow full taskbar in gnome environments. Do you lnow any way of making real fullscreen ?10x

I've took a quick look at that file but it's for vmware workstation which i don't have as the player is free to use and doesn't get me spending money. Actually this could be another marketing trap to cause users buy the workstation product.

Hmm I see your point. If that's the case, try reading the documentation for the VMware Player.

https://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/player_pubs.html

I've used before VMware Workstation in my school for experiments and projects. They can surely be made fullscreen such that it looked and felt as if the virtual machine is the real one working primarily instead.

It should be possible for VMware Player to make the virtual machine into fullscreen mode. I've yet to try VMware Player. Or maybe it's just a player, a free version, that doesn't provide fancy features as its paid VMware Workstation. Probably its just a player to run virtual machines in the simplest user interface.

I realize this is late for this old post, but if anyone just downloaded vmware player - you'll need to also install the vmware tools to be able use full screen.

-reply by Bill