xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
frederick.ding

Nameserver For Trap17.com Question the NS servers are down?

I've been having some great difficulty trying to delegate my domain to Xisto.com. After a little research to see whether I should use the IP addresses of the nameservers, I found out that my ISP's DNS servers have no record of "ns1.trap17.com" or "ns2.trap17.com".Are there IP addresses for them, or are they down?

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Take topic title and description seriously. Name them relating to your post. "Servers Down" can mean anything. Be specific!
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

My cPanel account username is "[edit: removed content]", and I signed up for Plan 1 (the lesser of the two plans). When I logged in at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, the account worked, but there was no way to add or remove any addons or parked domains.

The primary domain I'm using is "[edit: removed content]". From experience, I know that it is possible (and applicable) to delegate a subdomain to other nameservers. Although I have Managed DNS and [edit: removed content] is managed elsewhere, it is possible, through the modification of NS records, to delegate a subdomain.

However, ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.com are virtually non-existent.

Edited by frederick.ding (see edit history)

it works for me... i redirected my domain to ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.com and it works fine.....but i couldn't access it for some reason when i'm at certain places. Like i just came home from my brother's apartment.. .He has comcast cable internet. I tried to go to http://www.hellohello.be/ (my site.. hosted by Xisto). It said server wasn't found or something similar. Some of my friends have this problem also. ..... oh well.. lol.. sorry.. it got kinda out of the subject.for subdomain.. don't you have to create one.. and install or put whatever into that dir. ?... ehhh.. i'm not sure .. i never tried it.