xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Are Geeks And Freaks Crazy ? vote and support your reason

Are geeks really freaks and crazy?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is get the overall opinion about geeks. So pease poll here.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Original title did not make any sense "Are Geeks, Freaks And Crazy ?" Edited. Make your post longer and contributing instead of oneliner spam. Take topic title and description seriously.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

It is important to make difference between geeks and freaks. Geek is person with special knowledge to technology as freak is person with unusual personality. And, both of words are usually conserned as negative terms, but not always.

Not that I know of... of all the geeks that I know, none of them are 'freaks' so far as I can tell. They just seem like normal people, but know a little bit too much about computers and all that techie stuff. I wish I knew more :blink:As for crazy, I can't really say that they are that either. They could be, but I haven't seen them do anything crazy, so I guess they aren't.

I believe geeks can be people who know much, not only limited to Computers but also other things. You can say, a person who finds intense interest in some activity or field. It can be anything and not necessarily related to Computers.

I just wroted my comment on last post about geeks, take a look, tell me em i freak ? i think i em. but not all of geeks are freaks like me, there are affcourse geeks that think and are like other people but just love and known stuff about technology.i know i shouldnt argue with System admin :blink: but i think your not right OpaQue, geeks usualy love and know techie stuff... for other fields they are called nerds or something else.btw OpaQue your quote is from Hitchickers guide... rightall geeks i know readed that book and all of them say that its the best book ever. :ph34r:i hope you liked the book too.

Well personally I am going to have to say yes, you see I will openly admit to being both a geek and a freak (did you mean that to rhyme or is it just an added bonus, see what I mean I'm easily impressed by rhyming, oh and shiney things but thats another story) Anyway I think that may be a slight problem with my brain. However on a whole I would say that most technolocgically minded people are entirely normal and in no way crazy, it's just unfortunate for me that I happen to be both. btw I don't mean to be ruse here but it would be nice for your views on this matter delivi, anyhoo hope you all manage to prove you're not crazy. :blink:

don't forget Phreaks :(

but I believe to be a true geek you have to be at least a little bit crazy. Some of us derive happiness from overclocking pcs and seeing what fps we can get in our favourite games, when asked by a regular person "why" we do this we just seem to stare at them as if they asked the stupidest question ever and reply "because we can".... :(

LOL!I do na even know where to begin to answer.Many of my friends are geeks in the term of technology savvy ( and salivating). Other friends are geeks because they adore anime.I do na view them as crazy or freaky.On the other hand they all think I'M freaky or crazy.LOL!So whaddya make of that?

I know I am kinda a geek if you compare me to my class :D I don't think I am a freak and so does my class(except a few :P)crazy. I think of crazy people as daredevils and people who can't control their anger :P It is always better to know a little more ^_^

Geeks are just crazy for their stuff. They are crazy for their works. They shouldn't be called total freaks.

It depends. Geeks come in many different flavors, shapes, and sizes :D Generally though, i've met some of the most interesting people on the internet, so no, i wouldn't say they're crazy. I don't even know if i'd be considered a geek, but really, it's not so bad. I'll take a geek over an airhead anyday, please and thank you.

I personally don't like most of the geeks and freaks... However they are nice sometimesCrazy? well thats the only thing for sure, they are crazyHowever they aren't always crazy in a bad way... I just see them as individuals trying to be unique and different to feel identified with something and form a personality, an identity.