xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mackygood

What Is Warez? dont support it

Forms of Warez Include:
"Rips" -- Mentioned above. Rip it and zip it.

"ISOs" -- CD image

"FTPs" -- "who owns this place?" FTP server full of illegal stuff

"Cracks" -- Programs set to remove copy lines in software to bypass the evaluation period.

"Serials" -- Somebody buys it and gives away the serial to a guy, who gives it to another guy, who gives... (you get the idea)

These are all ways in which Warez can be distributed as, but not all of them were invented for the purpose of piracy.

Rips- Rips were generally used for backup. Just in case your CD or anything else gets ruined, you still have your rip, or backup and re-write it again if possible. It just turns out that a lot of people use this rips to promote piracy and distribute it to a lot of people especially via web.

ISOs- Once again, these were invented for the use of backup. Not all ISOs are evil Warez. You can even create your own ISO from anything you want, and it doesn't neccesarily have to be illegal. It's like storing a CD in your Harddrive.

FTPs- o.o I use FTP for getting my work projects when editing. Never did it cross my mind that it's used for pirating purposes. Needless to say, not all FTPs are illegal.

Cracks and Serials, without a doubt, are illegal. Basically, it's about using a commercial product for free by obtaining a crack or serial that overrides the Registration process.

Bittorent and some P2P could also be a medium for sharing/distributing illegal material. Those things were originally created for the purpose of sharing "clean" files, but of course, the evil human nature shall never cease to look for opportunity.

Warez is something that should be discouraged, it is highest promoter of piracy, Waraz not only drains out the money of the Developers but also promotes bad things, Consider yourself as a software owner, i mean maker and your software being used illegaly, it is really bad.I have a formula to remove piracy, i think we should make everyone realize that a material thing has more value then a virtual one, you have a software at your computer it is virtual, you have a software on a CD it is physical.Piracy is BAd!!

500????? dollars?? What kind of software needed in your daily life could cost over 500 bucks? An average game costs, only about, say 50 bucks up and down.

photoshop $700

Maya free/$2000/$6000

Dreamweaver $400

just a few i know theres more out ther that cost alot...

I can 100% assure you that I have never ever used "warez". I have friends that have but all of their computers are messed up because of viruses from those evil "warez"

they are idiots... to not use the right sites... (i have done this for cracks for games i leagaly own... I can prove this because i have the disc the case and eveything...)

Stealing is wrong, dont do it

the big companies are cracking down on it now.. their sendng out bots that spider out and report the IP of an iilegal copy.

ha no they arnt... its the person that does the crack or illegal copy so they can send you a *BLEEP* load of ads/pupups/spyware/viruses/backdoors/trojans... and more.. so i laugh at you...

the cracker of the program will find this while cracking it and bypass this...

Well they certainly won't be hosting any on Xisto servers cos they'd get shut down.

not enough bandwidth on Xisto normal free hosting... and i can bet you they wont buy the hosting... they are most likely hosting there own servers...

I am sure this list will be useful to people, as most people who download warez don't know that it's illegal, but just think that it's one of the things that happens. One main point: if it looks to good to be true, then it probably is.

I think, however, it should be made clear that not all CD ISO images and FTP servers contain illegal material. For example, many Linux distributions can be downloaded as ISO images to install them, but this isn't illegal. Also, many developers of freeware software allow people to download programs via an FTP server, but once again, this isn't illegal.

true it may be freeware... but also look at this. what you may be downloading is freeware but it may conflict with a games tos... such as d2 and maphack... its leagal for a maphack to be made but its not leagal to use the maphack in the game... win win situation while its a loose loose as well...

If you are affiliated with any government, police, anti-piracy group or other related group or working for Adidas, Manolo Blahnik, Converse, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Burberry, Hermes, Prada, Air Jordan, Nike, Timberland, Gucci, Cartier, Oakley either directly or indirectly, or any other related group, or were formally a worker, you CANNOT enter these web pages, links, nor access any of its files and you cannot view any of the HTML files. If in fact you are affiliated or were affiliated with the above said companies, by entering this site you are not agreeing to these terms and you are violating code 431.322.12 of the Internet Privacy Act signed by Bill Clinton in 1995 and that means that you CANNOT threaten our ISP(s) or any person(s) or company storing these files, and cannot prosecute any person(s) affiliated with this website.

It's a hoax

The Internet Privacy Act does not exist!

Additionally, former U, S. President William Jefferson Clinton never signed into law any legislation which in any manner restricts anyone's access to Web sites selling illegal items. No similar law exists anywhere in the world.

Source:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

hey hey hey... where did u get willian jefersson... read the warning message again it says bill clinton not will jeferson clinton...

anyways i do and dont support warez... i do in the sense for some of the programs to have fun with such as photoshop which i got from my computer class i would go get that if i didnt get it by taking the class that i was in... and also a program called Maya its around 6000 for the whole thing... and im tryin to figure out and play with programs... i have yet to find this version out there but there is a free one they offer but the features i want arnt included... but w/e im not looking for it if i find it ill get it and use lol...

Edited by tdktank59 (see edit history)

hey hey hey... where did u get willian jefersson... read the warning message again it says bill clinton not will jeferson clinton...

William Jefferson Clinton is Bill Clinton's full name. Don't tell me you've never heard William shortened to Bill...

One peticular point which im surprised hasn't come up yet is that in many cases warez DOES NOT hurt the profit of the company.

No offense - and I do mean that - but you are an idiot, 'catfish'. I won't even bother arguing with you, other than to point out that software piracy does hurt the company, regardless of how much the original product costs or how much they make.

Anyway, there is no disclaimer or warning you can post on your site that is able to override a warrant, court order, subpoena or other formal legal proceeding. So if you are enough of an idiot to think you can get away with hosting illegal files on a webserver somewhere, at least don't make yourself look even more retarded by posting such a notice. Oh, and no, the Internet Privacy Act does not exist.

Please support original one. Because if all the people of the world use pirate software, music album, movie and many, there will no publisher will be publish again.Indeed, entertainer also will not publishes their goods too.Pirated (Warez) will down the economy of countries.