xisto Community
Inspiron

Has Realplayer Became A Spyware?

I wouldn't. If Microsoft ever released a version of Windows Media Player that supported Real formats, people would drop Real Player in a second. IMHO, it's terrible, terrible software, and I wouldn't trust RealNetworks an inch...

I agree with you.. I'll definately use purely Windows Media Player if Microsoft includes RealMedia plugins and RealMedia streaming formats.

Probably nelarozi has already been infected with spyware and he didn't realised yet. We can't be wrong about RealPlayer. There has been negative comments about it in this thread. Perhaps only nelarozi is the only person saying something positive..

I am not sure about that but I also had this version of real player.Actually for the information of everyone ,it was in may that real player had some security updates for its version.I read somewhere on the net that real player has got some security risks and it was written there that it is a potential spyware .I think it was>Though the real player company didn't wanted to tell that,I think some hackers had done something wrong with that version of real player.But the company soon released some security updates for that version and the newer versions are all safe.Though I uninstalled real player after that ,but the newer versions are all safe and thus using it has no more problems.By the way I would recommend not to use real player anymore,because it could be potentially a risk the future.I would rather recommend to use windows media player combined K-Lite media codec installation.Thats works fine for me as I can now have more than real player with this combination.I can play quicktime movies,rm songs,rmv,dvd movies with this combination and a lot more.

i dont like using realplay or quicktime i just install the codecs and try to never use them and also never ever .mov files which were downloaded from sites which YOU know can do harm as code injects can be made in .mov files so i say instal the codecs and do not run the exes and only use windows media or winamp

Looking for "pause" feature on CD player/burner

Has Realplayer Became A Spyware?

Replying to Inspiron

I AM LOOKING FOR A SIMPLE TO USE CD PLAYER/BURNER FOR MY COMPUTER WHICH HAS XP.

I'M TRYING TO REMEMBER IF THE SONY "SONIC STAGE" WAS THE ONE I ONCE HAD WITH THAT FEATURE.

I HAVE A SEVERE VISION IMPAIRMENT, SO AM JUST LOOKING FOR SOMETHING EASY TO OPERATE.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

THANKS

-reply by classycat