xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Trystim

Dungeons & Dragons Online Next MMORPG to be released.

First things first let me say hello to all the old members who are still here and posting if any of you even remember who I am. I have returned from a long period of inactivity for one reason this is the best free hosting you can get unless you have a friend who runs a server and gives you space.

Now on to the topic at hand, Dungeons and Dragons Online, hereafter refered to as DDO.

How many are going to be playing this or have gotten into the beta I am going to be pre-ordering mine here within the next week :) .

Header Example
The bustling frontier city of Stormreach, a cauldron of ambition and secret plots, has grown safe and secure as the only gateway to the riches of Xen'drik. But now danger threatens! Few explorers who set out adventuring the lands ever return, and those that do bring back only tales of death and destruction. Are you a match for the fearsome monsters and the dungeons? Can you discover the secret mysteries that threaten Stormreach's very existence? Forge your destiny in Dungeons & DragonsŽ Online:Stormreach"!

* Unique: Create a unique individual with millions of different combinations of looks, skills, stats, feats, races, and classes.

* Gorgeous: Turbine's highly advanced 3rd generation 3D game engine brings the city of Stormreach, characters, dungeons, and monsters to life!

* Dangerous: Use your brawn, your stealth, and your wits to survive dungeons filled with monsters, traps, puzzles, and other interactive challenges.

* Fast: Get to the fun quickly with DDO's exclusive Instaport feature which eliminates tedious travel and waiting.

* Real: Elements like the d20 and DM text make it authentic Dungeons & Dragons, lovingly recreated for the online world.

* Smart: Gain masterful skills and world-dominating powers without endless combat with DDO's quest-based experience system!

* Fun: Custom adventures for you and your party provide instances to shine as a hero - or a team - without interference from other players. Public adventures provide opportunities for large groups to tackle even bigger challenges.

I have grown up on Dungeons and Dragons penicl and paper version and played since I was about 13 years old and still play it to this day (current age) 28

The creators have put alot of thought and time into creating this game and are active in the pencil and paper version of it as well so they are putting forth more of an effort to keep it close to what people are used to.

The graphics and movies from the game look phenomenal which you can see here.

I forwarn any old school mmorpg players that this one is geared towards grouping and not soloing as was meant for D&D so no soloing to get to the highest level it promotes teamwork and knowing your class to succeed and do well.

If any of you are currently in the beta please drop a post here on your thoughts of the game and what server your on and your name maybe I will pop on and see what you are up to.

Look forward to seeing you all in the fantasy worlds.

I was excepted into the alpha testing I think the second group of people that were allowed in. It is unique that you are able to fight in these different dungeons or whatever. But The content for me just wasn't pleasing. I lost interest in the game quickly, and haven't played it since. I guess this game just isn't made for me to like.

I will definitely be ordering this game very soon. Like Trystim, I was a paper/pencil D&D junkie. I also started at about 13, but I haven't played it in like 4 years. I played AD&D 2nd Ed. , PlaneScape, RIFTS and a few others. I think I miss RIFTS the most though. Ley Line Walkers.. Glitter Boy Killer powerarmor.. ahh.. those were the days. I don't even usually like the futuristic fantasy stuff.. but RIFTS had me heh.Ya anyway, Trystim, keep us updated on how the game is!

I have grown up on Dungeons and Dragons penicl and paper version and played since I was about 13 years old and still play it to this day (current age) 28The creators have put alot of thought and time into creating this game and are active in the pencil and paper version of it as well so they are putting forth more of an effort to keep it close to what people are used to.The graphics and movies from the game look phenomenal which you can see here.I forwarn any old school mmorpg players that this one is geared towards grouping and not soloing as was meant for D&D so no soloing to get to the highest level it promotes teamwork and knowing your class to succeed and do well.If any of you are currently in the beta please drop a post here on your thoughts of the game and what server your on and your name maybe I will pop on and see what you are up to.Look forward to seeing you all in the fantasy worlds.I'm very similiar. I didn't start playing d&d until i came to college, but i love the game and all the other rpg's so very much. I was so excted to hear that d&d online was coming out, but i heard that it really didn't work out and that it kinda sucked gameplay wise.