xisto Community
Kioku

Old School Consoles

I completely agree with all of you. Even though newer games are sooo much better nowadays (or not :) ), it's still good to go old school now and then. I love playing games like Space Invaders, Donkey Kong, Asteroids, Baloon Fight and all those old school games whenever I can.

I love the classic consoles. I used to own two NES's until my mom sold one and threw the other one away, claiming "I didn't use them anymore." That's not even the point. Those things are so hard to find anymore. I saw one up at a pawn shop in my town once, but just my luck, they're not even there anymore so unless I go on eBay which I'm not a big fan of chances are I won't see one for a long time. I played my heart out constantly on Super Mario Bros. 3 though, and thanks for reminding me, I have to play that now since I have the ROM on my computer!

Woah, Ressurected from July 10. (also called Necro'd)I love old school gamers, I'm a big Nintendo fan. My first games were Duck Hunt, Mario and Legend of Zelda 2. I would still play them today but my N.E.S. is missing... All my games are in tact but my parents packed my older stuff away and probably threw out my N.E.S. Like brandon, my parent's didn't believe I would every play it again after my S.N.E.S.

I still have my old Gensis and Sega CD...still play Sega Hockey too. A few months ago I was at a used record store and they had the last version of NHL (97 I think) for Gensis for $5, so I picked it up. Yeah, I know, the new NHL games are much cooler with eye candy, but still, there is a place for sega hockey in heart...and not just because I like kevin smith films...

Ohhhh. NES was great fun. I still have one, but it doesn't work very well anymore (Wonder why. :rolleyes: ) I'll probably try to buy a replacement someday, just to play all the games. You can get new ones that *work* when you want them to, you know. XDI'll definitely keep the old one, just because, but..... yeah. :) Also, Perfect Dark, and Diddy Kong Racing will never die. I remember all-night Perfect Dark Tournys with various friends. Those were the days. XD

I also like the old school consoles very much. It really isnt about the graphics after all, its about the gameplay. I still have my supernintendo in a drawer, with the super mario kart and super mario world game. I would feel like buying a genesis and an nes, but I dont have much space to keep them. I remember playing those old games for hours, I also like the nintendo 64 a lot, too bad the controllers are all worn out because of the joystick. It was probably the worst controller ever made.