xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DaRealChrono

My Rant About Hostultra

This has got to be the crappiest host ever. Not only does it gives you ads out the ying-yang, but making files avalible to download from what I hear ends up in a trojan! Thier ridiculous, I mean the pop-ups are so bad you can't even peacfully post an update on your site using Cute News or Fusion News. It's horrible, you get 2 pop-ups anytime you click a link! I'm glad I'm working on getting Xisto soon, My community seems like it's getting restless. If for any reason you leave Xisto don't use HostUltra, they suckered me into that Unlimited Space/BW crap, I'm glad I came here even if I don't get hosted because now I know to avoid sites like that!

A lot of webhosts are like that. For some reason they do not mind making your webhosting experience awful. Whenever you look for a webhost even if you pay for it never look for unlimited space or bandwidth. All of the hosts who offer this are trying to scam you and if they are a free host they use this to distract you from the many ads they will place on your site to offset the cost of your hosting and to bring themselves a good amount of profit.

I used hostultra once.. It was such a problem that I ended up finding a script that would block the pop-ups. And then if you ever got a 404, you got dozens and dozens of pop-ups.. I know how you feel. That's their way of earning profit I guess.. Hope you have a nice stay here at Xisto :)

I used hostdepartment for around 6 months, as it was the cheapest I could find and came with a free domain name, which was a good deal.But the website seemed to go down every few days, they would have maintenence all the time and as I was running a paid game from their servers, I was losing out on money, it started to become annoying but in the end we got sick of it and took the website down.

i used to use host ultra..speaking of which i need to change hosts for my schools counseling office argh..neways..i used to use it..it radicly sucked a monkeys left and right *bottom* cheek! i got sooooo tired of the pop ups..like he said couldn't post anything on cutenews..it just got incredably annoying! but then i found byethost and it was good i liked it..i figured out how to get rid of the ad's there..but then i found this site and it had CPanel so i said i love it!but i know what you went through.i hope you made the site up again!

I hate those kind of hosts. Seriously, you spend your time doing a website just to see an ugly banner over your precious graphics announcing something like "GET A FREE EMPTY BOTTLE, CLICK HERE NOW!!! (offer available only in USA)". And the ones without ads are either very slow or just plain crap with some 20MB space.

I know..EXACTLY what you're saying..I currently USE HostUltra, I thought it was like milk chocolate..delicious but the efing pop-ups I get every 2 seconds get friking annoying after a while! I can't even post an update like you say when I use Cutenews! Also, I was one of the many people sucked in by the unlimited space.It's useful in some ways but then there's the pop-ups issue brought up again..I just hate them and as someone posted earlier about getting a link wrong: doing so will get you 464560586 popups.I hate that so much I have to close the page faster than light. I'm just glad I'll hopefully be using Xisto as my new host in a bit. :blink:

the basic point is that this site is the best out there! allot of people dont want to stay active on the forum just to keep up a site, but i concider it to be fun, i am getting allot of information from this site than i would probably ever get looking around, and best of all its free..no ads, no pop-ps/unders, it is excelent! there is no reason for someone not to join and host on here! while others give you just hosting, ads, and pup ups this one gives you much more!!

I agree, 100 percent. I used to have an account there... as a matter of fact, I believe I still do. It was probably the shortest membership I've ever had. It got to the point where I was afraid to click things for fear of getting trampled on by a stampeding heard of popups! Hostultra has their own brand of popups, I got this one once that took up my entire screen and kept asking me to click Yes on this Confirmation Bar. Each time I clicked now 2-3 more of these would pop up; I had to restart my computer just to get out of them! Never again will I visit Hostultra! Long live Xisto.

Yeah I'm look for a new webhost, I'm currently hosted at dhost.info, but I don't really like it much because it seem so slow and doesn't offer so much... well I'm currently tryna earn more hosting credits so I could try out Xisto and hopefully what it offers it satisfy me. But anyways, I never tried HostUltra myself, I've read a lot of reviews on it, and I heard there's a lot of pop ups.. and the files/pop ups have viruses.. and I heard support sucks, even to paying costumers.