xisto Community
Gr4ve_Digger

Permission To Access

Ok, recently i just uploaded all this random stuff, it presently didn't work, so i deleted it.
But now, i cannot access the public_html to delete anything more,
when ever i try to access anythign on the site from out this comes up

ForbiddenYou don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

please help!

Could you elaborate?public_html is public_html. The /forum/index.php is located under public_html. So the error message you're getting is actually under public_html/forum/index.phpSo which is it?PS looks like you modified your .htaccess file? If so check it again.

Hey! Have you been suspended lately for negative credits? When you get suspended even if you have posted and gained 4+ credit points, an access permission error like this is displayed:

ForbiddenYou don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

It had happened to me many times before after I got suspended. You can simply change the permissions in the public_html folder in your File manager or you can use your chosen FTP.

Hope this helped :)

Hi,Please use the FILEMANAGER to chmod public_html folder to 777. Also, when you are checking for files, please see to it that the filename is in lower case. Linux is case sensitive. So index.Html is diffrent from index.html.Also, for .cgi files, the file permission MUST be 755.Thanks

Hey!  Have you been suspended lately for negative credits?  When you get suspended even if you have posted and gained 4+ credit points, an access permission error like this is displayed:

It had happened to me many times before after I got suspended.  You can simply change the permissions in the public_html folder in your File manager or you can use your chosen FTP.

Hope this helped  :)

219285[/snapback]

Let me answer two at a time. leiaah, he is hosting his site in Xisto - Web Hosting dot com, which is a paid hosting service from xisto, which is providing free Xisto hosting. He doesn't need to have credits in his account. His account will be still active as long as he has paid the hosting fee.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.

Hi Gr4ve_Digger, as you can see the 'forum' is one folder inside public_html folder. Change the permission of the forum file from your Cpanel. Go to your Cpanel > File manager > public_html > forum : click this forum and right menu will appear. Click on 'change permission' and make select the all the lines, when you selected/ticked it will display permission to 777. And try to access your forum again. It will work.

For safely you may want to change the folder permission to 755 using the same method.