xisto Community
Mich

Desk Top Wallpapers For Your Computer Will put up a new sample weekly.

I like it. It's very elegant. Pleasing to the eyes. Thought, I would suggest trying to make the file small. It may just be me but it's quite slow to load. If you would please, next time you post an image, give a brief explanation. This topic would be considered spam. Thank you.

I like it. It's very elegant. Pleasing to the eyes. Thought, I would suggest trying to make the file small. It may just be me but it's quite slow to load. If you would please, next time you post an image, give a brief explanation. This topic would be considered spam. Thank you.

Thanks for the compliment. I had already made the file smaller by reducing the PPI to 72. Is there another way? :) That is besides reducing the measurement. It is made for a 1024x768 screen resolution.

Sorry about the implications of spam. Being new to the site I have a lot to learn. :P Is there any way to edit posts? I could correct it then.

]Thanks for the compliment.  I had already made the file smaller by reducing the PPI to 72.  Is there another way? :) That is besides reducing the measurement.  It is made for a 1024x768 screen resolution.
Sorry about the implications of spam.  Being new to the site I have a lot to learn.  :P  Is there any way to edit posts?  I could correct it then.

Edit button was removed for specific reasons. If you need something edited report your post, and provide details to what you want editted, and a mod, when they have time, will edit your post.

As for reducing filesize, you can try compressing the file, 60-80% with progressive, can provide small filesize while maintaining good quality.

To give you a more detailed explaination on why the edit button was removed;People were making really long, spam posts, to get hosting credits, then before a mod saw the post, they edited it to something short, what they wanted, and still got the credits for it. Hence it was removed. If you need something edited either PM a mod or use the report button on your post with what you want changed.

Edit button was removed for specific reasons. If you need something edited report your post, and provide details to what you want editted, and a mod, when they have time, will edit your post.

K

As for reducing filesize, you can try compressing the file, 60-80% with progressive, can provide small filesize while maintaining good quality.

Duh. :) Ok. I'll bite, what do u mean? What program would I use to do this? You guys are certainly bringing this old grey-haired lady a lot of new stuff to learn. :P

Ok. I'll bite, what do u mean?  What program would I use to do this? You guys are certainly bringing this old grey-haired lady a lot of new stuff to learn. :)

I havent used PaintShop Pro in years, but i'm sure it's capable of providing progressive JPEGs upon save/export. Progressive JPEGs, when downloading, does not display the image until fully downloaded (in some browsers this may act as if it's an interlaced GIF image). An interlaced GIF image, while downloading, will start off blurred and the more the image gets downloaded the more apparent the image gets. Sometimes, progressive or interlaced images may lower the filesize of images, sometimes even bringing download time down by 1 second. But, in pretty rare cases, doing such a thing may increase the filesize.

I havent used PaintShop Pro in years, but i'm sure it's capable of providing progressive JPEGs upon save/export. Progressive JPEGs, when downloading, does not display the image until fully downloaded (in some browsers this may act as if it's an interlaced GIF image). An interlaced GIF image, while downloading, will start off blurred and the more the image gets downloaded the more apparent the image gets. Sometimes, progressive or interlaced images may lower the filesize of images, sometimes even bringing download time down by 1 second. But, in pretty rare cases, doing such a thing may increase the filesize.

Well, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! I have found the jpg optimizer right where you said it would be. Duh, have never used it before. Guess this old gal is not too smart on her own, but you guys on here are helping me right along. :)

Wow looks pretty goodThe mood of the stock and such fits togetherI like your idea of adding a heart In the middle, with the butterfly in it, and the actually background it self surrounding the heart. It?s clever, So I say good job.

Wow looks pretty good

The mood of the stock and such fits together

I like your idea of adding a heart In the middle, with the butterfly in it, and the actually background it self surrounding the heart.

It?s clever, So I say good job.

219541[/snapback]

Thanks for the compliment, will have another up soon at my own dot com, watch for it.