xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AllfatherBlack

Effort Unnoticed When No One Else Cares...

Arrrggghhh!Im sure we've all had this happen but Im going to ask anyway...Have you ever gone through quite some trouble to contribute something only to have ( seemingly ) nobody care? My example here will be a thread I posted in the computers section called " Avoiding Bottlenecks w/ Dual Channel Memory. " Now, Im aware this may not be the most entertaining topic, but I put a lot of effort writing the damn thing and I like to think its full of helpful information that might keep a lot of people from making regrettable purchasing decisions. It seems like a lot of people have viewed it, but dag nabbit no one commented! I want responses people! I want to know someone actually read the whole thing and I want to know if they think Im right, but I especially want to know if they think Im a jackass so that I dont make the same mistake in the future.But Im really just venting. And if youve gotten to this point, you damn well better reply, atleast to point out that Im a jackass :DOh, of course, this thread isnt intended to be about my complaints. I actually would like to know some things you guys have done that you were proud of but still went unnoticed. Im sure there will be more than a few golden nuggets in there.

I read it and thought it was a great posting. I aslo replied. I look forward to using that information when I am having the sort of problem you described, but right now, I don't have any files that are giving me any problems because first of all I am on a Mac and they aren't as likly to have those problems, and secondly,I am pretty cautious when I am on a Windows based machine, so I don't download things which might get me into those troubles. Also, because my Windows machine is an older model with a smaller ram and slower processor, I don't run too much all at once. But if I need the information, I'll find it here. Thanks for making it available.

AllfatherBlack not all posts get a response, most everyone has made a topic and never got one reply.If you look at the views of the topic that means somebody took the time to read it and thinking about. Remember this community has people just starting out in the computer world and others that are experts in what they do. Be patient about post you make somone will reply if not then someone asking for help you can guide it to them and make sure to read it.

this will happen to you every once in a while, allfather ... I actually don't care that much about my hardware since I'm usually not purchasing new stuff but make claims on what my friends would throw in the garbage bin......but I can completely understand your frustration (?), that happened to me once when I made a post which was like two or three dozens of paragraphs long and every single paragraph of it contained references to up to three sources which falsified arguments or prejudices [with no source to back it up at all] voiced in the posts before - and right after my post, people just began using exactly what I had just proven wrong (I could have understand this within an hour after my post ... but days later? people should have read this and reviewed their position by then... :/ oh, by the way, this happened on a board where there was nothing to gain in return for such a long post, here I'd have at least received some weeks worth of hosting credits...