xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
seanooi

Master Or Visa? Which is better?

I was thinking of applying for a credit card from citibank, but can't decide over master or visa. Anyone has any idea what are the difference? Or is there any other better banks to apply from? Is so, please let me know, suggestions will be most welcome

well before purchasing a credit I suggest you go to their websites and see what they offer. I do warn you if you don't know the right info you could ruin your credit and then have a hard time purchasing a house, a car or anything else. Also pay close attention to the APR rate you want to find the lowest one possible cuz that will determine the intrest rate in which you have to pay back when using the card. But if you screw around with the credit card your only setting yourself up for failure and some hard times ahead.So go to mastercard, vis, capital one websites and compare what offers they have.

I was thinking of applying for a credit card from citibank, but can't decide over master or visa. Anyone has any idea what are the difference? Or is there any other better banks to apply from? Is so, please let me know, suggestions will be most welcome

218163[/snapback]

Consider Discover card, you get 1% back on all purchases. I put everything thru Discover. The $ back really adds up and helps thruout the year.

I use Visa and the main reason is that Mastercard is the one that has recently had a good amount of internet fraud and such. Plus, my Visa has given me some free rewards. The person above suggested Discover. I wouldnt choose them since they are not accepted everywhere like Visa and Mastercard.

i have used mastercard for the past 15 years and it has been excellent.i am from the uk and my mastercard is with natwest bank ... with this card i get british airways airmiles for every ?10 that i spend.i have had 2 instances were items appeared on my statement that i hadnt purchased and both times my account was credited in full without any problem.in fact one of the instances was brought to my attention by mastercard before i new anything about it.i suspected that my local petrol station was passing on my card details after i purchased petrol there , so i no longer buy petrol from there and for the past three years i have not had any problems with misuse of my mastercard.i would advise , if possible to pay off your monthly credit card debt in total every month otherwise you can quite easily find yourself overspending and ending up with heavy credit card debt that you cannot afford to pay off.