xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
samma

[photoshop]grunge Abstract Sig ~ Samma Includes Multi Color Method

Im not sure if this has been done before... I havent seen a grunge abstract tut before, but anyways here it is :D

Outcome:

Posted Image

1. Fill the canvas with black, and brush with white using a grunge brush. After you have completely filled the whole layer with the grunge brush, go to Image > Adjustments > Auto Contrast, then go to Filter > Sharpen > Sharpen Edges, then finaly go to Edit > Fade Sharpen Edges and do an opacity of 50%. Make a new layer. Repeat Step 1. another 2 times using different grunge brushes.

Posted Image

2. Motion Blur All the layers appart from the bottom layer using these settings. Angle 0 - Distance 15.

Posted Image

3. Set the two top layers to soft light.

Posted Image

4. Make a new layer and fill the canvas with black. Get your best abstract brushes and brush with white. After you have completely filled the whole layer with the abstract brushes, go to Image > Adjustments > Auto Contrast, then go to Filter > Sharpen > Sharpen Edges, then finaly go to Edit > Fade Sharpen Edges and do an opacity of 75%.

Posted Image

5. Put the Abstract Layer below the two grunge layers set on soft light, and set the Abstract Layer to Hard Light.

Posted Image

6. If the Background is too dark, lower the opacity to 75/80%, if its still bad, a lower opacity won't really make it look good, so repeat Steps 5 and 6 using a different abstract brush set.

Posted Image

Optional. If you want depth in the sig, make a new layer above all the layers and click "D" to restore the colors to default, go to Filter > Render > Clouds, and set the layer to overlay, lower the opactiy to an appropiate setting.

Posted Image

7. Put your Render into the sig, resize it and put it to an appropiate position.

Posted Image

8. Duplicate the render and go to Filter > Blur > Motion Blur, with these settings, Angle 0 - Distance 40. Duplicate this layer about 2 more times and move it so it covers the whole sig. Merge the Render Motion Blurred Layers together and duplicate it again. Put one of the layers below all the layers and the other below the render.

Posted Image

9. Set the bottom grunge layer to overlay, and the top motion blurred layer (render) to overlay and move it where appropiate.

Posted Image

10. Make a new layer above all the layers and go to Image > Apply Image > OK. Then go to Filter > Sharpen > Sharpen.

Posted Image

11. Set that layer to overlay and put the opacity to 50%.

Posted Image

Optional. Get the Magic Wand tool and set it to 70/50/10 tolerance. Go down to one of your grunge layers and click randomly while holding shift (not too much though). Make a new layer below the render and fill with a scan line pattern (white). Set the layer to overlay.

Posted Image

12. Do your text and add a border.

Posted Image

Notice from mayank:
Edited topic title. Remember to put the name of the program you are using, when posting tutorials
Edited by mayank (see edit history)

Yup samma! that is a nice tutorial..you've been a fantastic sig maker and you keep on improvig all the time and I am sure this tutorial will help a lot of newbies :D

I have been doing sigs and such for a while now and by far the easiest grunge tut i have seen in a while. I love the stock photo you used in the example, would love a link to that if you still have it available.Nice work thorough on your steps and easy to understand the basic concepts to a good tut. I hope to posting some results of my work here in the near future.

thanks... im thinking of making a tut on how to do my awsome default only sigs... but personally i dont really feel like exploiting the method of how to use 2 renders :)

so are you going to hook us up with a link to the stock photo (aka render) that you used in this tut example or am i gonna have to spend hours on finding it lol :). I hear ya on the how to use render bits, seems everyone in their brother does a tut on that and the thing is people will use them how they want that is how new styles are born.

Help....

[photoshop]grunge Abstract Sig ~ Samma

Replying to samma

What are the brushes you used in that tut called please?

The Grunge ones and the Abstract ones...

Cheers.

RaiDDeN~

-reply by RaiDDeN