xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sympatico

Want To Purchase A New Computer what do you think about the config. ?

I'm buying a new computer ....

What do you think about this one :

MicrosoftŽ Office Professional EE 2003, MicrosoftŽ EncartaŽ 2005
Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz 800MHz 1MB LGA775 BOX P4-530

Mainboard : P5GD1-VM/Vintage, Intel i915P, S775, 2xDDR/400, PCI Express x16 + PCI Express, 4x SATA, 800 MHz FSB, 8x USB 2.0, LAN, 2x PCI, 7.1 audio, SPDIF 
PCIe Asus EAX700-X/TD/128M/A

DDR 512MB PC3200 DDR400 dual channel 2 ×  DDR 256MB TWINMOS

WD 160 GB, WD1600JD, Serial ATA, 8MB cache, 7200 pm + hladnjak Tiran TTC-HD22TZ 
FDD FDD 1.44 MB 3.5'' Samsung silver SFD-321B/LHSE

DVD RW Samsung WriteMaster TS-H552U Bulk Black + Pinnacle SW
fax modem 56.6 INT GVC PCI
Asus Vintage PH1 BB.ID1 WOC/300W/PFC/SP/C

2225B/S , 18 hot keys

MM-8901 optical mouse , PS/2

MMD ML-809 2.1 SUBWOOFER system

Cost : $600

Notice from mayank:
This list is not at all contributing to the forum...i've put this in the quote tags, because whole post was based on this only and this is not contributing in anyways, also edited the topic title & description

Edited by mayank (see edit history)

I would suggest getting an ethernet card - in case you get DSL or cable and you need the port. Otherwise for 600 bucks that's a pretty hot machine. Where did you find that computer?

i'd recomend getting an athlon, alot more reliability and power, i personally am getting a athlon dual core, but you may have other requirements that you need. if i was you athlon would be the way to go.argh, where are you anyways? for a good computer in newzealands its like 2000! lol

for a desktop i agree with grave digger... i prefer an AMD PC.. the turion series are good...save yourself some money and forget about the SATA harddisk. IMHO we don't need the SATA speed yet... and i have had some rather nasty experience with SATA HDD's...i usually use logitech for keyboard and mouse, they're nice...for speakers, altec lansing is a guarantee...have fun...

i think that is a nice pc . what will you use that pc for? game ? editing or ?sometimes we buy computer depend for your need. i want to buy pc like that but i don't have money .. :D but for US $ 600 i think that pc is cheap.

I'm buying a new computer ....

What do you think about this one :

Notice from mayank:
This list is not at all contributing to the forum...i've put this in the quote tags, because whole post was based on this only and this is not contributing in anyways, also edited the topic title & description

217604[/snapback]

Thats a really good price for a computer with that much ram, and hdd space. Here is what i have on my computer

-Hewlett-Packard pavillion, amd anthlonxp 2800+ 80gb hdd, and 512ram.

I got that computer for 700 dollars, without moniters and printer. I think what you are gonna get is a good deal

your plan has a pretty neat specification, most programs will have no problem running in there and with the price that low I say you go for it, just get a nice video card and you will ge all set.