xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plenoptic

Nasa Is Going To Pluto

I don't believe temperature affects whether or not a planet has oxygen in it's atmosphere, but chances are that bodies as far out as Pluto and beyond are just hunks of round rock that are orbiting Sol, as is Pluto itself.And I'm not sure if there is enough to say about the 10th planet to make it worth buying brand new books. For all we know at the moment, one could sum it up in a paragraph.

On January 17, NASA is launching the 1,043 pound probe called New Horizons to Pluto.  It is supposed to be a 10 year trip to reach Pluto.  They are giving five rockets for power that if they were used to travel to the moon it would take about nine hours.  They want the probe to reach Pluto as fast as it can.  It is also equipped with plutonium pellets to help it through the radioactive areas.  They need to get it launched though before February 2 though.  In 2007 when the probe passes Jupiter they can swing around it using it's gravity to pick up speed but if that doesn't happen it could lengthen the trip by a whole three years.  New Horizons will be traveling too fast to actually stay around Pluto so they will have it start from five months away and continue studying the planet and it's moons until one month after it passes it.  Then it will continue on to study more objects.  This is really cool and I can't wait to see this happen.  Pluto can tell us a lot about the solar system and as it turns out scientists have discovered areas like Pluto a lot farther away.  This could be a very successful mission in giving us information about what is out there and the history of the solar system and the universe.  Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well.

I found this article here

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

iXRJdHeP05CdzKHgsgF;_ylu=X3oDMTBjMHVqMTQ4BHNlYwN5bnN1YmNhdA--

Sorry had to cut it because it would stretch the forums if I didn't

217244[/snapback]

link doesnt work i guess i have to paste it into a new browser props on thei nfo good looks this is cool i wish i could go to space and visit something espcially if i know the world is ending i pack my bags and use all my life savings and buy useful stuff and thing props again...