xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plenoptic

Nasa Is Going To Pluto

There is no mention in the bible of God creating any other intelligent species. And up to now there are no signs of such stuff. The only thing we have done to ourselves is imagine and get self absorbed in useless day dreaming. Hah! let's get practical and down to earth shall we and stop thinking about alien species. We do not need aliens to invade us, we are already killing ourselves. This world needs more love, peace and tolerance as well as moderation.

Well if you're gonna get Christian :(.I'm not gonna argue..God roolz all :(. I also agree with more peace and love. I can't stand seeing "X amount of Xs died today" it's horrific that these soldiers work so hard to even get in a war just to lose their life in a gory death. Damn you George Bush - -;.

I hate people who think that humans are the only ub3r 1337 race that can have a decent amount of knowledge!

We don't even know if there are, or aren't, any other races out there. Even if there were, the chances of them being intelligent are small, and the chances of them being anything at all like us is even smaller. For all we know, they could only see X-rays, hear ultrasound, and taste bitter flavors. They may not think anything at all like a human, possibly making them devoid of all imagination, but able to compute numbers faster than a Pentium 4.

Sure we invented chocolate but that's a whole 'nother story. So for now THIS goof is sticking to his comp wiz thing.

Chocolate is as much of an "invention" as coffee or herbal tea. It's just a natural resource that is prepared in a certain way.

There is no mention in the bible of God creating any other intelligent species.

Well, gosh, if a four thousand year old book doesn't mention it, it can't possibly exist.

I really don't know how fast a Pentium 4 can compute numbers and all but..I guess you're right about the other stuffs. It'd be freaky if there was another species out way far in space that could only taste bitterness. At least we wouldn't be on the menu if they found us :(.

Woah that's cool that they launched something to pluto!I love space and all so just for the warning excuse my hyperness about how i love space.I think NASA is so cool and wanna be part of it one day, it is my dream. =)That would be really awesome if they found different spiecies out there, just imagine how big the news would be. O.o

I find it strange how big the galaxy is and how many things we've still yet to discover. Even so, will we be able to launch to every planet? How much will technology improve over the years? Will we be able to visit different galaxies soon? Does the galaxy end? If so, what stops it? A wall? What is inside that wall? I think we'll never know...

Well, I know one thing: None of us are going to be around if there's even a little of the galaxy's BIG BIG mysteries scratched off >>;. If anyone IS still around *doubt it* then being something up to heaven for me :(. I wonder if anything is gonna go wrong while the probe thing is going onto Pluto..*imagines the probe blowing up*...ouch >.O. That'd be so many mi/billions down the drain..it'd teach em' that Pluto is anti-social though! XD.

Chances are none of us will be around to witness any major leaps in space exploration, unless space tourism really becomes a "hit" (so to speak). NASA and other government agencies are just too slow-working. NASA hasn't really made any really big advances in space exploration, aside from launching a few probes and staring at the sky since the Apollo missions to the moon.Space is just too big for one to explore the way they do in Star Trek. The only way humans would ever manage to explore the galaxy would be if space folds and similar theories are actually true (space folds are the idea that, at certain spots, one can travel across great expances of space by travelling a short distance, like how one could stick a needle through a fold of cloth instead of going all the way around that fold).

You're right about the gvt. and NASA working too slow :(. But imagine if the Universe had an end o.O. What would it look like? Just blank white space..another universe?...dare I say it..heaven?! XD. What do you think would be at the end if any?As for space tourism..I can just imagine all the deaths that would happen. Criminals taking the air out of people's space suits >.>;.

Great find, but I must say 10 years is a long time - and anything could happen to the probe. Still, if it can reach Pluto it'll be another achievement for NASA and we cold learn more about this planet on the outskirts (so to speak).

I don't think that there is really anything groundbreaking to be learned by going to Pluto. Chances are we won't find anything we don't already have or learn anything that we don't already know, aside from what Pluto's surface looks like, exaclty. It's not like seeing a huge, barren hunk of cratered rock is going to make our lives any more meaningful or worthwhile. Pluto will look a lot like the moon - barren, cold, and dead.

^ I suppose I agree with that o.o. Who knows? I heard on the news that Pluto might not even be a planet at all, but who knows where they get their sources? :(. It might just be some fake news to get the public hyped up :(.

They're just debating how large an orbiting body of Sol must be to be considered a planet, since there are dozens of "rocks" much further than Pluto that are about the same size as it, and yet they are not considered planets, but Pluto is (they may have discovered a 10th planet, though).

Imagine if there WAS 10th planet? >_> School textbooks would have to be mass updated. XD I wonder it'd look like :(. Maybe another planet that could possibly have oxygen? If it was far out by Pluto, it's probably be too cold x.x. Maybe a giant planet shaped like a parrot and had feathers? >_>