xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plenoptic

Nasa Is Going To Pluto

Wow, I wonder why this news doesn't appear in the press or TV. 10 years is a long long time. The universe is so big and there is so much to discover. In fact I think there are lots more stuff in the deep sea left undiscovered.Mankind is getting more developed and building rockets out of our scarce natural resources to fly them over to planets for study. So is knowledge worth that much? Or are they going to do something tangible with the trip. Nonetheless, no astronauts may be getting there but it is another small milestone in humanity.I always wonder how much exactly these things cost. When will it be feasible for tourist trips to the moon? I think I read about it somewhere it could be soon, but way too expensive and one needs to train and all that before he can make a safe trip. What a big beautiful universe out there!

I hope they bring some fireplaces ^^;.10-13 years..wow..just..WOW.I'll be so old by then x.x.I don't wanna get old :blink:.To get serious though:They could discover so many things on pluto.Such as: Does being extremely cold really make something blue?OrWhy the hell is it blue? x.X

Why wouldn't we send anything out the into the grat unknown. I mean if you think about it, all of Earth is discovered, its too boring. We need to expand our horizons and then have a chance at seeing if thier is other life out there. Now im just going off on a tangent again!

To the above poster^I'm really sure not ALL of earth has been discovered.We all should know that not all species of animals have been discovered let alone all of earth @.@.

I read the article and it says this thing is not only exploring Pluto but other stuff around too. Hey wouldn't that be wonder and exciting. However I still question, what is the monetary value of all these knowledge? Does it spur the economy on? haha and even if there is no monetary value we are so caught up with our lives and the stupid wars I think very few people even know about this launch. Probably if they launched something into deep sea and found a new species, then more people would care to know bout it

Hehe..all i can say again is OMG!! How is this going to bring any happiness to humans...what are we abot to find there? Even if there is a certain civilisation in this universe, how can this help us if we stll have to eat, go to job..and we still die at the end! Acctually we can die in the very next moment so why not searching happiness on our lil' planet that offers us everything we need - no we have to destroy that and go on another planet and live there than destroy it too! I just cannot see the sense of all these non-sense :blink:greetz

I've been thinking about this overnight..Imagine when they get the thing to Pluto..They take a few pictures and they'll all go"Wow! to think we're the first to see what P-"Then on one picture they see a pair of large dark spots...Eyes..>_>;;

Goofy Pluto is blue because of the gases around it. We could gain a lot out of this about the solar system and where it came from. You never know what we are going to find out there. Plus once it leaves the solar system into the rest of the galaxy maybe it will find another solar system we could communicate with. Sure it might not help us physically now but maybe in future generations. It could be a great expedition. It really depends what it finds.

Oh...well that clears alot up I suppose xD;Anyway,just imagine what it'd be like to actually achieve communication with another galaxy/lifeform/orb/thing...what language would they speak? Surely not english or any earthly language..maybe..um PLTNORVXK! Yeah....they'd speak pltnorvxk

It basically would be like trying to figure out the language of the earlier periods like the Egyptians or Maya Hieroglyphics. It would take a long time to decipher their language let alone to teach them how to speak ares or vice versa. That is if we even find any and if we can communicate them. It would be really interesting to see the type of technology they have and what they eat and stuff. It is crazy to think of what is out there.

Crazy..and scary!Imagine this:Somewhere in the Plzformesoplx galaxy..there is some other lifeform computer wiz sitting at his computer wondering if there's some other lifeform outside of the Plzformesoplx galaxy (the other lifeforms being us).This other form of computer wiz then orders pizza..wait for it...ONLINE! and it comes 4 miliseconds after he clicks 'Deliver',thanks to his 0406864r80640650685765 1337 internet connections. :(

Dude, I think you have been watching too many movies. I mean lol, I for one do not believe there are other intelligent beings besides us. If there were, we would have detected them or them us long ago. I dont think this world has space for more than one intelligent race.

ORLY?Well just you wait Mr/Ms....liauce!I hate people who think that humans are the only ub3r 1337 race that can have a decent amount of knowledge! Sure we invented chocolate but that's a whole 'nother story. So for now THIS goof is sticking to his comp wiz thing.

Wow. I didn't even know NASA could fund another project like this especially when they've got the rover on Mars. But really, imagine if the Star Trek fiction was real; that when the probes left the solar system, they were picked up by aliens. Still, it would be so much better for mankind if there could be communications faster than light. After all, the distance from Earth to Pluto is enough that there's 10 years difference between it sending info from Pluto and Earth receiving the signals.Also, Earth to Pluto is not enough to satisfy one light-year, and therefore our journey to the stars has just begun. (Hope the aliens contact us when we make our first warp - faster-than-light - space flight.)