xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ikenalleenik

Problem With Tdk 800mb

i have bought three packs of tdk-cd-r's of 800mb (90mins) in the past months, but since windwos xp pro was reinstalled my computer reads them is disk with 96.6mb of space? Is there anything i can do about it?
thanks,

Michiel

What you probably want to check here is:
you probably want to check your cd burning software (i recommend nero burning rom v6)
probably shouldnt be the unit or firmware if it worked fine before...

If you have not performed Windows XP product updates after your reinstallation, chances are you haven't updated HighMAT Extension to the Windows XP CD Writing Wizard (HighMAT stands for High-Performance Media Access Technology).It adjusts Windows XP to manager and recognize oversized burning capabilities. If you cannot find this file in your local hard drive HighMAT_readme.htm chances are you have not completed your product update.Or, you can install Thrid Party Software to manager your burning session. But why purchase/install another program when Windows can manage it perfectly well? :)