xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
affhotspot

What Is Topsites Script (its In Php)

i have been looking at a lot of php scripts lately and i keep seeing this script over and over again.its called "topsites". what is this "topsites" scrtipt. its in php and i m new to this stuff so i woulnt know, and non of websites offering the script actually explains what it is. this is a big forum so i thought you guys might know what it is. so if you know can you please give me a simple brief explanation of it and how it can be useful for a webmaster. i would appericate your help.thank you

I know ive never heard of it but by the name of it sounds like one of those website rankers that when you vote for a site you like it adds to a score. All the sites are scored and ranked...thats what it sounds like...I have had a similar script but cant remmeber its name cos it was so long ago. But yeah it sounds like a scoring system for websites...I wqould find you an example of this scripts in action but as same with my version of the script I cant remmeber the name.

Like sammaye said it is a web ranking system. You start your own list of topsites and have people come and join. In order to be ranked you have to have the topsite's button on your website. When people click on that button it takes them to the topsite page and votes for them. It also goes by the average number of hits you have on your site I believe. For more information go to http://www.aardvarktopsitesphp.com/