xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anarchyboard88

Ftp On The Fritz? cant access my ftp client.

for some reason unknown to me. . . i cannot access my sites ftp. i have used both WS_FTP and CuteFTP and neither will let me connect.. maybe im typing the host name in wrong or something. i can connect through CPanel and i can upload there. but for some reason i cant remotely. any help on what to put as host name would be great.. it USED to work like 2 weeks ago.. then it just died on me.

Ok! First of all, You didnt tell us..what exactly you doing, which is preventing you from not logging into FTP...just tell us the steps..dont give the pwd. (Common sense)

Secondly, If you are able to login to CPANEL than most probably you are typing the wrong ftp address.

Thirdly, even if all things are fine but still you are not able to access FTP then please use http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Finally, If possible then please provide us with detailed information..so that people can solve your problem.

well.. unfortunately im uploading large files or multiple files in folders. thats why its convenient.. but anywayz... ive tried them all. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, ftp.2dfy.trap17.com ,  2dfy.trap17.com ,  ftp.2dfy.trap17.com ... but they ALL say bad server response or cannot use the Socket, but no socket is active. btw web2ftp worked... but the others wont...

I tried connecting to your hosting with a made up username and password, and it was able to connect to the server (obviously, I could not log on to your server). I connected through 2dfy.trap17.com (no prefixes or anything) using SmartFTP. Everything worked as normally as an incorrect login would work.