xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
freebieclub

Problem On My Pc

umm,are you sure the problem related to hardware?besides hardware configuration,you should give some info about your operating system or some suspicious software.

Your description of your current status of computer is too brief..I'd suggest uninstalling programs that you no longer need and clear all cache and temp files. Also, remove unwanted auto-startup programs as they really slows down your computer alot during booting...Also, avoid 2 anti-virus and 2 firewall softwares running at the same time.. It usually crashes your system instead..

My pc run slow. what do I do now?

P4 2.4 GHz

256 RAM

Intel 864 GBF Mother Board.

any suggesion

216250[/snapback]

I see you have a fast computer but I guess you are not able to exploit its full potential because you have only 256 mb of memory.

Try to buy more memory OR

press CTRL + ALT + DELETE and see if there are any dubious processes eating up your memory. Windows processes, among others, are svchost.exe, explorer.exe.

Look up each process on google and you usually get a process information from one of the anti-spyware software websites.

You can remove dubious processes by going to the registry and deleting their entries.

Assuming that you're using Windows, go to

Start >> Run >> type Regedit >> hkey current user >> Software >> microsoft >>

windows >> run / runOnce

I once had this Zango program eating more than half of my memory and I had to literally fight it by pressing the end task button repeatedly.

If that's too tedious for you or if it just doesn't work, I suggest you start formatting your computer and buy yourself a durable firewall. Most of those useless memory eating processes come from the internet you know.

Cheers Dude!

Most of the time a slow computer has problems with the amount of RAM(the HD led is almost contantly in use because of the use of the swap file).The reason can be several things :- a virus or spyware program that eats free memory.- a fragmented swap file.- a full hard drive.If you have only 256MB and you are running Windows XP, it's better that you upgrade to 512MB or 768MB, the price of memory is not that high these days.

the best way...Back up your data and format your HDD.make your hardisk become more than 4 drive letter (i used 20 GB for C: drive and make other)try not to start all service at windows start up. You can use hijackthis.exe (search by google) for remove one or more than service. ( this is freeware)reinstall your pC if you're not sure about the problem.

Not really if this is all the info you give:For instance what is the memory speed?What videocard? (type, mem)What hdd? (size, speed and cache)What OS?? Windows "version", *nix or else?When does it accure? (all the time, only is specific software/games etcIf windowsXP:Upgrade ram from 256 - 512mb (at least)Take a look @ msconfig to see if there are running processes you dont really need.Upgrade videocard when needed (incase of games)run an adaware program, virusscanner etcIf *nixUpgrade ram or set bigger swapuse top to see what procces is eating lots of prossesor power and incase the proces is not needed stop it.But cant really tell what to do without extra infoManny more

This is all good advice you've been given here but I think as far as hardware goes, you definitely need to upgrade your memory, especially if you're running Windows XP.Upgrade to at least 512MB and even more would be better.

MY laptop went slow after it was on 15 hrs a day and the problem...to much rubbish i dont use!a lot of spyware working harmfully try to slow it downalso windows XP, a good OS but not for laptops which are not supportive for it!

First of, if you can buy additional memory then do this, 256MB is way low for me if your are doing some heavy application on your system.Next is try to check the status of your system, defrag your hard drive, use a good spyware remover as well as antivirus, make sure there's not so much program open that you really not need.