xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
affhotspot

Which Company Makes The Best Laptops.

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

which one out of these companies makes the best laptops.i personaly like ibm, because they are better than all of them, and they have the best laptop, the thinkpad. i think sony will come next. which one do you prefer and why?

I vote for IBM too since Lenovo is the best laptop around these days. I don't know the exact model but a lot of tests I read put Lenovo on top of their list.So I guess it has to be the best. BUT if you are buying a new laptop (or new anything) you should consider wahat you think is important and what YOU need and want of it, not what others say. So I would never buy Lenovo before first "investigating" the market deeper into details.

Well, I think the question should have been a bit diff., How about this :Which company assembles in the best manner and gives good support? :DYes! that is correct..none of the mentioned companies over here, create laptops of their own, they are made by diff. small companies and they apply the logo of these big giants.What!, my computer says made in ch***! No, I dont want that! This is the responce, which I used to get from most of the people, when I used to troubleshoot the laptops for HP, Then I used to explain then..that it is just to cut the cost and nothing else, what we are giving you is service but the product is made by a diff. company, you bought it from HP so HP will take care of any problems you face with this.This is what happens with all these companies...they hier small companies to do there work.I'll give you one example...I'm sure most of them must be knowing this, but still :Who had heard the name of lenovo! (a big giant in pc manufacturing..Yes they create the pc's and laptops on their own, mostly the screens! Not like the other companies, who dont manufacture anything of their own :D) and then suddenly they came into the picture, when they purchased the pc division of IBM and because "thinkpad" was such a good brand name, they (lenovo) decided to keep it.So, technically this question is wrong but in general it is right as well! (hah! after all this typing...I am saying this question is right :()One more thing...Now that IBM pc division is with Lenovo..so IBM must be changed to LENOVO in the poll as well.anyways...my vote goes to HP...because I've worked for them :D

God, i should just make a text file that says this, because I post it so much.

The best laptop on the market is the Falcon Northwest FragBook. It has the best service out of anyone that makes computers, they guarantee everything, even the screen agansed burned pixels. It comes with a $300 carrying case for free, and many others. Falcon Northwest's Home Page

I like making my own computers the best, it expands your mind, teaches you skills, and plus you get to ensure that there isnt a crapy part anywhere on the computer, sometimes companys advertise their computers and make them sound great, but they dont tell you that they cut corners anywhere they can.

It feels great the first time you see that screen turn on the first time

exect for my last computer which took me 3 months to get going... but it was my fault, damn static

if you want the cheapist parts anywhere on the net go here

newegg.com

The delivery is great also, somtimes they send me stuff and i get it earier then they promised!

Plus you can even make untraditional homemade cases which are a blast

this is probley the coolist one i have seen, its a lifesize model of the robot bender from the show futurama, and its also a working computer!

Its mouth is the cd-rom!

check it out

Posted Image

heres the site, it also has other cool cumputers on it

http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/bender/

i would say the worst though, is hp. just because they just stop working al the time.also, sony's prices are definately overbloated. probably 500 bucks of each purchase you make from sony is to have the 4 letters S.O.N.Y. printed onto the product.

I believe that the best company that SELLS laptops is Dell. Of course I have only had one laptop and it is a dell but just about everyone I know trusts Dell. They have long lasting computers with extra services. I don't think there is really the BEST laptop because there will always be one that comes out that is better.

Gateway has some really nice deals on their laptops. Like for example I've sen one laptop AMD 64 3700+, 1Gb ram for $1098 CA. Which is amazing to me - I've seen plaenty of good deals but gateway is unbeatable. Plus their design is not as bad now s it used to be, I even like it :blink: