xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
affhotspot

Msn Trying To Beat Google Maps

msn now has there own map feature like google maps, its better than googles, but it doesnt have all they cities that google has. this is just a way microsoft thinks they can beat google. google maps is still used more than msn crap. msn sucks i dont know why anyone will go near it.

It all depends on our own preference.. Probably Microsoft would inside a toolbar inside Internet Explorer in the next Windows Vista such that the MSN maps would be easily accessed without downloading any more software, could prove convenience.. Google maps, as we all know it, is alot better then MSN map, can however lose out when people uses MSN maps because it is just convenient, no hassle to download and install another program or something..For me, I'll definately use Google for sure..

well,sounds nice news.umm...however,unless MSN can make a map with powerful function which can cover many small city by its satellite.because google only can illustrates the map of big city,its not helpful to most people who live in small city who want to get a desiring digital map.expect the new version come out to meet the demand. :D

For me it does not madder who is the best.. I just like to find the best services for my own work. So if I cant find a map in google, then I can try to use msn to find it. So its only good for me if they compete. :D

It is a good thing to have more and more coming up with the same service with competition in mind. I do not like to have any company monopoly over any softwares or brands - that is when more problems occur. I welcome Microsoft coming up with such mapping like Google earth.Google earth is one of the most innovative ideas that Google came up with and others are following the leader at the moment.... but I welcome it. I will visit both from time to time and use the better one.

Well tha does seem to be the trend now Microsoft playing catchup (and not very successfully at that) to Google. it doesn;t really matter how much they try and use Vista to push MSN services instead of Google most people will still go to Goolge. (I for one know I have never uttered the phrase 'MSN It'.

okok google againtst msni thing google will beat the crap out of msn as more people every minuet is joining and using google now there already the most popular serach engine no one it going to beat them!!! msn i really not as goodbut i normally user http://www.dogpile.com/ it includes google msn and all the search engines!

just like search engines, Google has beated MSN and Yahoo again, for now Google Map is way to good compared to these two though.I just wish they can broaden their support area and offer more countries, but all in all the winner here is us the users, we can freely choose and dump any of them if their service will not match our own preference

It's very nice to see Microsoft feel the need to compete with Google, however, I do not feel they will manage to succeed. The google maps are extremely good quality and consist of an extremely large database, full of towns, cities and countries. Sometimes it can even zoom in as far as to see street names and road names. Shame not all countries are supported.I feel that Microsoft have the resources and everything else to allow them to overtake Google. As mentioned a few posts ago, this feature could be integrated into the internet explorer internet browser. Google, however, relies on extra downloads for it to work (most of the time). For example, another one of Google's programs (Google Earth) relies on users downloading an extra executable file for the program to work.I don't know whether they could maybe produce a web-based version, or maybe they already are doing.All I can say is... I wish Microsoft all the luck they could possibly have in competing with Google, although I will use Google maps whenever I have the need to, especially once they support more countries.This is my opinion on Google's Map and Earth applications :(

Google maps are way better than Msn maps. THe quality is better and you can see a real picture instead of directions on an image. I hope you get what i'm saying. lol. They're both images but then one is satellite image. lol. Yes that's what i'm trying to say. Msn doesn' thave satellite images. Its not scroll friendly like google too.