xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mysterio

What Is Epcot? a theme park heres the story

The Epcot theme park was originally known as EPCOT Center to reflect the fact that the park was built to embody the ideals and values of EPCOT the city. In 1994, the name was changed to Epcot '94 and subsequently Epcot '95 a year later. By 1996, the park was known simply as Epcot, a non-acronym, mixed-case word, as the park no longer reflected Walt Disney's plans for a futuristic city.
The original plans for the park showed indecision over what the park's purpose was to be: some Imagineers wanted it to represent the cutting edge of technology, while others wanted it to showcase international cultures and customs. At one point a model of the futuristic park was pushed together against a model of the international park, and EPCOT Center was born.

Epcot is generally regarded as more "learning-oriented" than other theme parks. It has only three thrill rides (Test Track, Mission: SPACE, and Soarin'); the rest of its attractions are dark rides, shows, or walkthrough exhibits. Epcot's Future World is showing its age; the exhibits there no longer represent the most modern advances in technology. A plan code-named "Project Gemini" is rumored to exist which would change Future World into "Discoveryland," change its theme to the idea of discovery, reduce the pressure to keep everything cutting-edge, and add a few more thrill rides.

Notice from mayank:
Copied stuff from here. Warning issued!

Edited by mayank (see edit history)

I have never been to Epcot sadly even though I live in Tampa which is only about 2 hours from Disney. I have only been to Blizzard Beach. Everyone else in my family of seven have gone though either for school or with friends. It sounds like a cool theme park. I love thrill rides, and technology so it seems like a cool place for me to go. I might have to get my parents to take me some time.

I didn't like epcot much...i went there a few years back, and out of the 3 or 4 parks....it was my least favorite. not much to do

I went to Epcot when I was 7, and I got stuck in the ball, because one of the people in the back was too fat, and I never did get to go through it. My parents were so mad, that we just left the park, and went home, because they wouldn't let us skip the lines because there was a fat person in the back that broke it. I will never go back to disney ever. Universal Studios all the way!