xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Security And Windows Ad / Pdc

Hello Every one,I am on the point to split my network, to seperate Servers from Users computers. I am actually taking back position on a network that is really messy.For this to do I plan to put a firewall (OpenBSD) to be inbetween those machines. I have on my network Win 2000 Server, Win NT4 Servers with SQL, and one 2003 Server.The CLient side is Win XP and Win 2000 Pro (Only few).First I need to know witch ports I should open to allow the communication between My Clients Machines and my Active Directory Win2000 and 2003. Also for some reason I have another domain that is on NT4 PDC/BDC, theese servers will stay on the client side of the Firewall, So I need to know If there are specific port to ensure the functionality of the Trust relationship between the two domains (Remember Win2000 vs NT4).So If some of you can tell me witch ports I need and on witch side to open, It would be Greatfull.Thank you all for your help on this.

if i am not wrong i think Port 25 is for SQL, i am not 100% sure, if you are going to run a webserver you will need to have Port 80 open for Incomming and Outgoing connections, same with SQL, NOTE: i am not 100% sure on evrything here, but i run a WebServer on my computer and i only got port 80 and 21 (For FTP Clients).Hope i was for help~ Arne-Christian