xisto Community
malapidp

Various Religions, beliefs and conviction discussions of faith and opinions

I'm am not believe in God at all so I have, in my opinion, a very objective point of view. If we will think about Jedaism, Christianity and Islam, I can't understand why people brought up Christianity and Islam.Judaism is the oldest monotonic religion in the world. When Rome empire killed Jesus, His students made him as a God. As to me, it is very stupid. First of all Jesus was jewish, as a result, he was the son of Avraham, so he was the son of God, like all the Jews. Moreover, He made a lot of wrong deeds, due to them he was killed. In the Jedaism there is a part of it with the name Kabalah (Madona studies it now). with the help of it we can make like "Miracles". But there are very few people who knows it and it is forbiden to use it. He Has known it and used it for walking on the water and more.... That's why he was killed. From the other side, He believed in Judaism, where there is only one god and it is forbiden to believe in anything else, when he was killed his students made him as a God. I have many more facts. Tell me if you accept it....Thanks...

Yes, I think almost the same like you, if I understood your story very well. I am glad to hear your nice opinion about this problem. In my country we have some religions : Christianity, Islam and Judaism.

sorry, I can't agree. First of all, Jesus NEVER SINNED. He was perfect in every way. He was tempted, but never sinned. OK, I accept the fact you disprove Christians (in which I am), but I have a question: what if it is true? because if it is, your not lookin so good dude. how would you like to burn FOREVER! Never stops! Don't get me wrong, God isn't mean because he sends ppl to hell. He is loving, and he WANTS you to be with him. But since we sinned, we can't enter God's kingdom. Christianity is not a religion! It's a personal relationship. Dude, He loves you. I can't express it. I don't know you, but I would certainly want you in heaven! Its real! No joking, it's reality! You can't escape it. I know you probebly think this is silly. But think about this. "have you ever been wrong when you thought you were absolutely right?" I love you, whoever you are. I hope you come to thhis realization. nickmealey1@hotmail.com for any questions.

hi everyone ... i am a muslim living in australia. i have recently begun to explore and try to look for the confilct between Christianity and islam and i was a really suprised when i discover how much similarities between these two great religion.but i could not understand the concept of Trinity. i ask several christian about it and it was shocking that most of them do not know what this concept means. they just believe it as a something which cannot be explained. however some people do asnwer my question. then, i get confused again when i saw the movie " the passion of the Christ", Juses was calling somebody at the bigenning of the movie " father ... father". logic would clash with that. was he calling himself? seems not.them i said i should go to the Bible. i realised that it is not the word of Juses, so i tried to find Juses' words because if he is a god, he would not let people in a such confusing situation. what i discovered was: Juses never said anything about Trinity which is just an idea that was developed after Juses leave. He never said i am a son of god. He never said i has been sent for the entire world.Christians also claim that Juses has been crucified for the sins of humans? can anyone explain to me which sins are forgiven?i am not trying to be rude or unrespected for Christianity and if i did i am asking for forgivness. i just wanna the image to be clearfied and things to be understood. thanks

As if I understand that part well then they mean all sins. All sins which the people have done until Jesus died. I'm not an expert, but I think that is the "correct" answer to your question.I'm Christian, but there are a lot of things I don't understand about my own religion, but I definitively believe in god.

Hi Just want to say thisWe are all here on earth to learn. If you believe in God you wont go to hell (if you sinned or not)none of us are perfect , Why ? Becuase He made us like that , no one can learn if they dont make mistakes. The reason why we are still on earth is because our work is not done yet not because we sinned. Eatch one of us are on eart for a different reason. Please excuse my english L :)

What I believe I believe that Jesus Christ came down to earth and lived a sinless life for us. Then he Died on the cross for our sins. The reason he did this is because he loves us so much he does not want to see us perish. we are not perfect, we needed a perfect sacrafice. And Jesus was that perfect sacrafice. Because Jesus did that for US if we accept him as our Lord and Savior we shall have eternal life. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. that's pretty much what I believe so if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

hi mate ...

I am a Muslim living in Australia. I have recently begun to explore and try to look for the conflict between Christianity and Islam and I was a really surprised when I discover how much similarity between these two great religions.

But I could not understand the concept of Trinity. I have asked several Christians about it and it was shocking that most of them do not know what this concept means. They just believe it as a something, which cannot be explained. However some people do answer my question. Then, I get confused again when I saw the movie " the passion of the Christ", Jesus was calling somebody at the beginning of the movie " father ... father". Logic would clash with that. Was he calling himself? Seems not.

Then, I said I should go to the Bible. I realized that it is not the word of Jesus, so I tried to find Jesus' words because if he were a god, he would not let people in such a confusing situation. What I discovered was Jesus never said anything about Trinity, which is just an idea that was developed after Jesus leaving. He never said I am a Son of God or I am a god. He never said I have been sent for the entire world.

Christians also claim that Jesus has been crucified for the sins of humans? Can anyone explain to me which sins are forgiven? And is that cover all drunks, thieves, murderers, ... who believe in Jesus as a God ???

I am not trying to be rude or not respectful for Christianity and if I did I apologize. I just want the image to be clarified and things to be understood.

Thanks

hi mate ...

I am a Muslim living in Australia. I have recently begun to explore and try to look for the conflict between Christianity and Islam and I was a really surprised when I discover how much similarity between these two great religions.

But I could not understand the concept of Trinity. I have asked several Christians about it and it was shocking that most of them do not know what this concept means. They just believe it as a something, which cannot be explained. However some people do answer my question. Then, I get confused again when I saw the movie " the passion of the Christ", Jesus was calling somebody at the beginning of the movie " father ... father". Logic would clash with that. Was he calling himself? Seems not.

Then, I said I should go to the Bible. I realized that it is not the word of Jesus, so I tried to find Jesus' words because if he were a god, he would not let people in such a confusing situation. What I discovered was Jesus never said anything about Trinity, which is just an idea that was developed after Jesus leaving. He never said I am a Son of God or I am a god. He never said I have been sent for the entire world.

Christians also claim that Jesus has been crucified for the sins of humans? Can anyone explain to me which sins are forgiven? And is that cover all drunks, thieves, murderers, ... who believe in Jesus as a God ???

I am not trying to be rude or not respectful for Christianity and if I did I apologize. I just want the image to be clarified and things to be understood.

Thanks

71262[/snapback]

Happy to talk with you about them Salem.

You seem to question what Christ said about Himself. The whole reason the Jews tried stoning Him so many times and hated Him enough to crucify Him was precisely because He did claim to be God, and they said as much. Here are His words:

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

John 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

John 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

When Satan tempted Christ in the wilderness, He said:

"It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." -Matthew 4:4;Luke 4:12

Now, as for the Trinity. It is mentioned several times in the Old Testament, even from Genesis. For one thing, who would God be talking to here?

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

There is also the Scripture the Pharisees could not understand which Christ quoted in Luke 20:41:

Psalms 110:1 <<A Psalm of David.>> The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

But here is the most convincing of all I think:

Psalms 45:6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Also, an understanding of the Hebrew language is educational as well, since when speaking of God it often (if not always) uses a word that is plural and can mean nothing less then 3.

So what of the Trinity? How does it work? I consider Proverbs 8 the best chapter on who Christ is since it seems plain He is the one speaking:

Proverbs 8:14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.

15 By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.

16 By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.

17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

18 Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.

19 My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.

20 I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:

21 That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.

33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.

34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.

36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Notice a few things here, He speaks of God "possessing" Him, not creating Him or giving birth to Him. Also, it says "as one brought up with Him." When looking at the relationship between Father and Son we need to think of it outside of what we normally think of in a family relationship.

However:

Hebrews 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Now note the saying in verse 5, where He tells Him, "Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee." If someone has been born in the sense we think of why would this be necessary? The answer seems quite plain to me, when the Father and Son met before the beginning of the world a mutual relationship was declared between them because as it says in verse 3, the Son, who we know as Jesus Christ, was "the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person." God is indeed one Spirit it would seem, and indeed, we are all ourselves trinities, yet one. We have a mind, a heart (seat of our emotions and lusts), and a body. Yet all three are united by the spirit or soul, because they have the same spirit they are indeed one, which seems the case here. This is, however, only my imperfect understanding of the matter, and I wish to someday learn more.

However, Christ is indeed eternal, which is why He describes Himself as Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, in Revelation 1:8. And it is why this is spoken:

Hebrews 7:2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;

3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Like that Salem? He uses your name :rolleyes:

He does not have parents in the sense we think of, because He was never "born" in the sense we think of. Just as all through the Old Testament God speaks of His relationship to Israel as a marriage yet it isn't one in the sense we think of with a marriage, so He speaks of the Father-Son relationship not in the sense we think of with parents as birthing, but rather a "birth" in that it was a mutual relationship since Christ was indeed the express image of the Father and they were as family. Hope this helps.

Now for the final question I see raised here, the sins which Christ forgives. Here in Colossians which Paul wrote to the Collossian believer who had been born again in Christ (Colossians 1:2) Paul says:

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

You see, the problem is that God's standard is perfection according to the Law which none of us can meet, as Christ said, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect" (Matthew 5:38).

God cannot tolerate sin, and the punishments for our sins will always outweigh the good things we do for rewards. Imagine an accountants pad of debits and credits, what we owe and what we receive. Our debts will always outweigh our rewards.

Isaiah as did all the prophets, foretold of the salvation to come for the world. As he says here, Christ, our Lord and our God, wondered from on high that men could not save themselves and came that He might save not only those in the future who should trust in Him, but those like David and Job who trusted that He would one day save them from their transgressions so that their souls would not languish in an eternal Hell.

Isaiah 59:16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.

17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.

However, some would emphasize only His love and mercy, He is merciful but in coming to save He has also made it so that there is no other way of salvation, and if it is refused, we are guilty all the more, and God's fury rests upon us all the more.

Isaiah 63:4 For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.

5 And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.

6 And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth.

The world's Saviour came as He promised and foretold, and they were not ready for Him. Israel was not waiting for it's Messiah.

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Hosea 2:18 And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.

19 And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.

20 I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD.

21 And it shall come to pass in that day, I will hear, saith the LORD, I will hear the heavens, and they shall hear the earth;

22 And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel.

23 And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

David spoke of this grace, this mercy, to come on those who should trust in Christ for their righteousness and their justification:

Psalms 32:1 <<A Psalm of David, Maschil.>> Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

3 When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.

4 For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.

5 I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

6 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.

7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

Psalms 32:10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.

The way:

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

You see, it is impossible as it is said that the blood of bulls and goats could take away our sins, but was an image of that to come:

Hebrews 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

I can go much further into this if you wish. I was trying to avoid overloading you will all the prophecies concerning Christ. If you wish to see some of the hundreds fulfilled by Christ which foretold of His coming and evidenced Him for who He was, the Saviour prophecied, see this site: http://www.teachinghearts.org/dre03propchristnotes.html

sorry, I can't agree. First of all, Jesus NEVER SINNED. He was perfect in every way. He was tempted, but never sinned. OK, I accept the fact you disprove Christians (in which I am), but I have a question: what if it is true? because if it is, your not lookin so good dude. how would you like to burn FOREVER! Never stops! Don't get me wrong, God isn't mean because he sends ppl to hell. He is loving, and he WANTS you to be with him. But since we sinned, we can't enter God's kingdom. Christianity is not a religion! It's a personal relationship. Dude, He loves you. I can't express it. I don't know you, but I would certainly want you in heaven! Its real! No joking, it's reality! You can't escape it. I know you probebly think this is silly. But think about this. "have you ever been wrong when you thought you were absolutely right?" I love you, whoever you are. I hope you come to thhis realization. nickmealey1@hotmail.com for any questions.

60560[/snapback]

Oh... WOW... I was so not expecting to read anything THIS good on this forum... wow, awesome. One of the most dead-on posts I've ever read. Great, absolutely awesome post Nick!

And Salem, your questions are adressed specifically here in this other topic: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/31478-various-religions-beliefs-and-conviction-discussions-of-faith-and-opinions/

Ohhh,,, Bad to hear that from you, anyway, tell me what is your religion? I am a Roman Catholic, I 'm not perfect, I'm a sinner but I believe in GOD my mind, my soul and my heart knows who's GOD is, anyway, I respect what you believe about GOD, but you must believe.Do you read bible? Do you know the existence of human being? Do you believe in mans evolutions from ape to human? Do you believe the life after death? Do you believe in the holy spirit? Do you belive in the human soul? last thing tell me if you do believe in demons?Many questions arises yet some are still un-answered why? because there are things that human cannot explains, if you read the bible without understanding and asking for the holy spirit you will not able to understand it. If you think that jesus is a false prophet, I am so sorry about you, may be you learn the wrong thing or may be you somebody lets you believed what you believiing right now.Do you feel something inside your heart? like love, hate, anger and something that no one can fill it up? just stop reading this post of mine and think for 5 seconds, close your eyes, ask your self where do I came from? who created me? what inside my heart? Why I feel inlove? What is the purpose of being me? Who I'm I in this world? Did you find the answers? maybe some but most are not why? because only GOD can. Close your eyes again and feel the feelings inside your heart, are your happy? satisfied? If you feel that there is no empty space inside your heart then your a lucky one. your so great and wow, unique. But if you feel that there is an empty space inside your heart and no one can fill it up, maybe because you need GOD.In addition to my reply to your post, done a lots of wrong doing. I hear about this article, but I don't believe on it. like politics there is a so called black propaganda to destroy the reputations of the individual, and the articles that tells that jesus done a lot of wrong doing is just part of that black propaganda to destroy he's reputation, to make those who believe in him turn away to him, to bring hesitations to others, in short to stop believe in him and this was may done by those who against him.anyway, we have our own beliefs, we have our own ideas about GOD. What you said is based on your beliefs and what I am saying is based on my beliefs. Do be mad at me, this is how I believe in GOD even I am a sinners and I've done a lot of things against him, but still in my heart, my mind and my soul Still for GOD and GOD alone.:unsure:

Can anyone explain to me which sins are forgiven? And is that cover all drunks, thieves, murderers, ... who believe in Jesus as a God ???

Well, the first time we exist in this world we already have sinned. No name, no religion, nothing... that is why in Roman Catholic we have the seven sacrament. these are the Baptism, Confirmation, Penance/Confession, Holy COmmunionm, Matrimony, Holy Orders and Anointing of the sick.

In Baptism we are drawn into the community of faith. We become part of the pilgrim People of GOD, which, in all times and in all places, goes forward in hope towards thThe Seven Sacramente fulfillment of hte "promise". It is our task to take our place responsibly and lovingly beside those who, from the beginning, "remained faithful to the teaching of the apostles, to the brotherhood, to the breaking of bread and to the prayer" (Acts2,42)

Baptism

If you want more details about the seven sacrament pls feel free to visit: :unsure: