xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DMA

The Nhl...

do you think there will be hockey next year? i dont see them reaching any kind of agreement any time soon, and most of the players are signed up for teams in europe, so i dont see the nhl playing any time soon.

it made me so mad that. The Nhl went to hell and back. Redwings were my favorite team. And There might me hockey next year (a half season like in 95) or am i mistaken. Steve Yzerman Yeah! ;)

I can see their point regarding the lockout tho. I mean just because the players are willing to take a pay cut for the next few years.. doesn't mean that once that's done .. that they're not going to be back up to 11 million again. The players are still playing for the most part.. not the NHL or anything but they're still playing.. but until the players and the NHL can sit down and figure out how they're gonna take a pay cut that won't be negated in 4 years.. what's the sense of bringing hockey back? We're going to be in the exact same boat in just a few years.. more or less a waste of time and money to get them playing now.. only to run into the same problem in a few years. Plus I don't think that the NHL has fully realized the amount of money they're gonna lose out.. and until those corporate guys notice that they have to take a pay cut.. they won't do much. Durham Leafs

they have relized if they dont get hockey back they lost alot of money. but hockey isnt gonna be in europe next year, gauranteed! its coming back next year where no one can exceed over 5 million. Or another look out they havent chosen yet and problay wont. but overall yes those damn players, play hockey for the fun of it. not to be rich as hell. man they should be happy just playing hockey out there and making at 2 million at most. For really good athletes. You know what i mean.

I dont see another season happening. I think that the players are asking for way to much money and the Owners cant afford to pay the players and neither the Onwner or players are going to budge which is really bad for the fans and fans from Toronto especially. Toronto is the richest team they have every player signed with reason maybe a few acceptions. And there fans deseve a season but many teams like Edmonton, Florida and alot of other teams owners cant/wont pay the prices anymore.

Well, even though the 2004-05 season was scrapped, I believe there will be an agreement in the near future and there WILL be hockey again this fall...but we'll see what happens next.

Hopefully they will reach an agreement. I just can't see them going on for much longer and having strong support then they return. Think of all the poeple who are affected by this lockout. Bars (i know theres a few in my city where people watch just hockey there) have had to close because theres no hockey, the rink rats who work only on ice, the players in Europe who are losing their jobs because the NHL players are playing in the Euro leagues, and their families. If they don't get back, that means even more lost jobs for those people. The owners and players should jsut agree on something. This whole lockout is getting old. Nobody cares any more. Just end it so I have an exucse to get wasted and eat pizza on Saturdays.PS: Go wings go.

Well I just learned that the NHL have opted to NOT use replacement players and that they will not start the season until a negotiated agreement is in place. See it could be that we may be in for a repeat of last "non-season" this fall.

Check out the TSN Article for more details and feel free to comment.