xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kevlar557

Car Insurance its so flippin expensive

I get my drivers licence in 5 days, and I have been trying to get all of my insurance and all that stuff straightened out. When I called my insurance company, they told me that it would be $2,600 per year. $2,600 dollars per year!!!!! My car cost half of that. My insurance costs more per quarter then the driving school's insurance per year. I just can't believe it.

Yeah it might expensive now but it will be worth your while if you have an accident. My dad also thought it was a waste of time but after about 2 years he had an accident which nearly cost him his car and now seeing him getting angry about how much he has to pay for the car i would say that it is worth it get insurance you will never know

Well first of all you have to realize that car insurance is basically a scam. They make their money knowing that you will never even come close to the amount you pay in. My aunt's insurence doubled when my cousin got his drivers licence. They increase your payment if they think you will ever use it. It is still a scam even if you ever get your car wrecked because it doesn't cover basic repairs like it should.

Nice to see it's not just us UK lot getting conned on our car insurance. I'm 19 (20 next March) and I pay about ?1000 (around $1700 atm) for car insurance. It sucks so much, then there's the cost of the petrol + road tax + maintenance. At least petrol is cheap in the States. We pay about ?0.85 (at a cheap petrol station) per litre. That's $1.48 (at current currency conversion rates). I'm not exactly sure how much you pay for it there but I know it's way cheaper than here. The alternative is to not have a car. Just cycle about the place. It keeps you fit and you save a tonne of money. Then get a car when your older and can afford it. Insurance usually gets cheaper after you've aged a bit.

..wow.. I thought my insurance was bad, at $600 a year, heh..Although for a 19yr old, I guess that's pretty good, huh? o.o ..maybe it's because I'm a girl :D(Btw.. ha ha, Cerebral Stasis XD)