xisto Community
KooL

Amd Verses Intel which do you prefer?

Here's one:

PC World Magazine March 2004 Edition

First Look Section

Article: New P4s Offer Mixed Results (By: Anush Yegyazarian)

"...On PC WorldBench 4, both incarnations of the reference PC outscored systems with older-generation P4 CPUs. The P4 3.2E garnered 1 131 score, beating the 126 score of a comparably equipped...PC carrying the original 3.2-Ghz Pentium 4. And the 3.4-GHz P4 EE earened a score of 134, while the orginal...turned in a mark of 131....

...Nevertheless, a similarly configured 2.2-GHz Athlon 64 3200+ ABS...outperformed both forms of the PC. with a score of 139 on PC WorldBench 4. Meanwhile, three previously tested Athlon 64 FX-51...bested the Intel_based test PC, too, with an average score of 142."

You can other tests conducted by leading computer review firms, such as PC Magazine and see what they say.

Even AMD is cheeper than Intel, I choose Intel for almost needs and recommend for our clients, it is stable and running fine. AMD need a good environment for normal running as cool air or big fan and good mainboardI didnt hear anything about AMD for game and Intel for office work. but for game room here (where people come to play game only), they choose AMD for the low cost in investment.

Overclocking normally gives you problems and will probably mean that you have a higher chance of your card breaking. If you have a normal card without overclocking it should last longer.

Yeah but I always OC. Why not? Out of 3 intel chips I OC'ed none of them have fried. I tried 2 amd and the both over the course of a month or two overheated even know they had heatsinks that were powerful enough to cool a small house.

I think its IMPOSSIBLE to fry them, becouse your chipset will usually always give you a warning and shutdown. I quite OC'ing becouse it raises the temps and shortens the life of your processor and you also get more glitches. If you OC on doom 3 you will get lower FPS then when your hardware is at stock speeds.

Always had Intel (after my first; an 8 Mhz! 8088 clone from NEC, the V20) but my most recent (ahum; about two years ago) was an AMD, for price mainly. Never had a problem.

PC World Magazine March 2004 Edition

First Look Section

Article: New P4s Offer Mixed Results (By: Anush Yegyazarian)

...Nevertheless, a similarly configured 2.2-GHz Athlon 64 3200+ ABS...outperformed both forms of the PC. with a score of 139 on PC WorldBench 4.

Heh, that's the processor my new computer is coming with, AMD 64 3200+. I'm glad I chose it over the Pentium 4. Possibly in a few hours my computer should be here... or possibly a few more days (damn US postal service :lol:). Anyway, I'll get to test it out for myself soon enough.