xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AllfatherBlack

Explain Bluetooth To Me Please

I shouldnt be asking, especially considering Im a computer tech and I oculd just look it up, but what is BlueTooth? For the longest time I just thought it was Microsofts standard for 802.11 tech ( like how Sony calls Firewire " i.Link " ) but Im starting to realize my understanding of the tech is lacking. Seems like, when it came out, everyone was Bluetooth this and Bluetooth that, now it seems like its just another *BLEEP* proprietary tech that will die off like mini-discs. Or laser discs. Or pretty much any unique idea Sony has, since they cant think up a successful product themselves, only improve on other peoples tech.A thorough explanation of Bluetooth would be much appreciated. Or a link to a thorough explanation. Whatever works ;)Thanks again

This article cannot explain it any eaiser https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth

But let's talk about its possibilities. When Motorola first instroduced this technology, circa 2004, to their cellphone V710, I had the rare opportunity to meet with the marketing directors for some presentations.

I was blown away. And the applicability for this short wave radio frequency device would be cosmic. Short months thereafter, I heard a rumor that Lexus incorporated this device to their high end cars that equipted with automatic door unlock feature. The owner's key contains Bluetooth high encrypted key transmitter and the according to the proximity of this signal and the handle sensor would unlock the car, adjust settings such as mirrors, seat recline, according to the key 'codes' and even tune to the radio station if the driver should wished.

How about in the medical field? Carrying a simple, small device with all your vital information stored that can be read and accessed by hospital administrators just by getting the read out--that's like that Star Trek's bio-rhythem scanners (I don't know the actual name for the but this sounds pretty cool, don't you think? ;))

And since it works with conjuction of radio frequency and high encrypted key generating instruction, they say that Bluetooth is yet to be hacked. It is my understanding that this technology is the greatest concept since the arrival of floppy discs ;)

Of course, I should mention all those currently existing wonderful devices, such as, Bluetooth mouse, microphone, head set, web cam, and keyboard

Well there ya go! I could have easily Wiki-ed it myself but that wouldnt have been any fun! ;)I appreciate the prompt and helpful response. Not to mention its always good to hear what people think of a tech. Wiki said Bluetooth has already been hacked as proof of concept, though. And as far as Im concerned, once its been done, it will continue to be done until tech advances and we stop using stuff that had so many holes in it.Thanks again!