xisto Community
urlsubmission123kid

Harddisk Space harddisk space

Well it depends on what you are going to use you computer for.. For example if you are going to install many games then you maybe need to upgrade to 200GB. But if you only are going to work on your computer with homeworks, homepages, design and such things then its enough. ;) So it depends. ;)

i find it is enough for me for all the things that i tend to do with my pc.it is easy enough to add extra hdd to desktop pc if you find you are running out of space.it is a little more difficult to add an extra hdd to a laptop , but the easiest way is to just plug in an externel usb hdd if you find yourself needing more space.

80gb should be fine for general use. Just be prepared to burn stuff to CD/DVD or uninstall things you don't use. If you're actually getting a new harddrive though, I'd recommend something bigger, considering prices are really quite cheap now, and on a $/per gb basis, it's better to get something like a 120gb/200gb HDD.

I think 80 GB is enough for most people. As long you have some DVDs and CD-ROMs to burn, you really wouldn't need much more than that. Even the computer I have now has about 40 GB and it's enough space for me (at the moment).

I think 80GB isn't enough today with DVD formats abd very "heavy" games like Wold Of Warcraft... I would choose 160GB.... or 250GB would be the right choice :lol:

i agree with PyramidHead777.at these days an 160Gb hdd is not only a very cheat solution but reliable too.If you plan to make "backups" of original video DVDs 80Gb will ended faster than you think...I recommend also Sata technologie instead of IDE due to performance issues.

Personally I would say that 80GB was fine, I only have an 80GB HDD my self, and I am way, way off of anything near full, but then again I'm not big on Gaming, so I don't have any installed, but even still most games won't make too much of a dent on their own. But as zbrigui said straight copies op dvds, will eat into that space massively (I have two currently an dthey take up about 14GB, however I do plan on converting them to mpegs, so there really only temporary). But as meny have said 80GB will do, but if you plan any 'extreme' use of your PC such as gaming or multimedia you should probably go for at least a 160GB, but hey if you need the extra space you can always buy an additional drive later.

I say 80 is not enough i want like 500 minimum... i hate having to delete stuff... I am always running out of room with 120 lol... Im one of those people taht like to game alot and the games i like are the ones taht take up 4-10 gigs... also i convert movies so i can take them on travel with me (i use a laptop for travel) and its hard when your batteries die on you only 2 hours into the movie so i put them on the hard drive and i get more battery life!!!so i say no to 80 cuase i use it but if your just the casual home user puting photos on it plaing a few games nothing much 40-80 is fine for you guys

80GB?? That's enough NO MORE for a standard user, perhaps for a business PC that runs an specific application.Now you would need at least anything above 200GB.I remember when I dreamed of 1TB. Jajajaja, maybe I'll see it!!