xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Eikon

Wine And Linux

Hey, has anyone been able to get Starcraft to work on linux using Wine? I've read a couple of things about it but havn't been able to get it to work. When i run setup, it installs and everything is fine, but then when i go to play it it says it cannot read the cd. I was thinking emulation problem, but i have played it from .iso on a number of windows machines. I heard somewhere that maybe Wine has a problem reading CD's but i have gotten a number of other games to work from the CD. Would it help for me to use an ISO of starcraft than to use the cd? I have tried i with Wine emulating Win95, Win98 and Windows XP. Also when i try to mount the CD using sudo mount /media/cdrom0/ -o unhideit says no data foundAny help would be appreciated.

it's a hard thing to play game on linux i think.if the problem is the windows is not safe or stable,just played game with it but do the important work on the linux.just preparing two computers for this if you really concerned about that.and 90% games is for windows but not for linux for my knowledge.guangdian

HiIf it says no data found,then probably you have a damaged CD,or something.Linux shouldn't have any trouble reading any type of CD.Possibly it is a problem with Wine's emulation and connectivity with the CD.Try to use ISO image,and get back to us with the results.It would probably help to tell us what distro are you using.Cheers