xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
E-Sector

How Do I Open My Wysiwyg Editor?

How do I open my WYSIWYG Editor? (HTML Editor)I know, i can open all HTML files in it when I use Filhanteraren (Translated to english it is something like Fil editor), but how do I open PHP files in it? Can I do that?Or can I just open it in some way and then just select a file to edit?

Are you talking about Cpanel? If yes..then let me tell you that there is no WYSIWYG editor..its a notepad kind of editor.You can open it by going into "Site management tools" and then there is a link of "File Manager"And if you want to use that then simply go to the file name and click on it...on the right panel of the file manager you'll get a link which says "edit file" click on it and you'll be able to edit it.It works for PHP files as well.

Actually Mayank there is in trap's cpanel service. Go to your file manager, and click your www folder, from there go and click on the file you want. Click on the link in the option bar that says "HTML Editor". That is your WYSIWYG. How you do taht with PHP I don't know, but there still is a WYSIWYG editor in there. Did you mean not at all Mayank, or not for PHP? Hope that cleared things up a bit.

WYSIWIG Pro HTML Editor does not support .php files.In other words? You can't do it.Oh, and the correct English Translation for Filhanteraren is "File Manager". Just thought you'd like to know that.

Are you talking about Cpanel? If yes..then let me tell you that there is no WYSIWYG editor..its a notepad kind of editor.You can open it by going into "Site management tools" and then there is a link of "File Manager"

And if you want to use that then simply go to the file name and click on it...on the right panel of the file manager you'll get a link which says "edit file" click on it and you'll be able to edit it.

It works for PHP files as well.

I am not stupid or a newbie and Of Course I know what a What You see is what you get editor is! It was not the File manager I ment.

Actually Mayank there is in trap's cpanel service. Go to your file manager, and click your www folder, from there go and click on the file you want. Click on the link in the option bar that says "HTML Editor". That is your WYSIWYG. How you do taht with PHP I don't know, but there still is a WYSIWYG editor in there. Did you mean not at all Mayank, or not for PHP? Hope that cleared things up a bit.

It was that WYSIWYG Editor I ment, thank you!
Maybe I can rename the .php file to .html, in some ways, they are a bit like each other.

WYSIWIG Pro HTML Editor does not support .php files.
In other words? You can't do it.

Oh, and the correct English Translation for Filhanteraren is "File Manager". Just thought you'd like to know that.

Thank you, Not "File Editor"....(I forget the "e" after "fil" in my previous post)

I would like to appologize..if I hurt you in anyway E-Sector!I would like to appologize for giving you the information which you didnt want..you actually wanted that editor.Anyways but the point you've just made that is editing the PHP file as HTML file is not correct because PHP file is a server side script and HTML is what displays the information...I know that you must be knowing this but still I thought that this may be usefull for others.I will suggest you that to edit a PHP file use the way which I told you in earlier post.Once again I am sorry for anything wrong which might have hurt your feelings.

No problem E-Sector. Now I understand what you meant Mayank. I was a bit confused when you said there was no WYSIWYG. Anyway, glad to be of service.But I still don't know about PHP. It would make sense that you could rename it, but then again it is a html editor. Maybe it would work. I don't know, good luck.

If the PHP file in question is nothing more than an HTML with some PHP embedded in it, then changing the extension would work. Just make sure you change the extension back after editing.