xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KooL

Halflife 2 Vs Doom 3

I've seen both Beta's for HL2 and Doom3, Doom3 looked the best, but i was running doom 3 on a 1.2ghz and i cant seem to get it run on my current computer(driver issues). Both will probably have weaknesses and strengths.

video card im getting
now this video card is gonna own so much i wanna cry doom 3 will look so sexy with that and since im also a big cs fan cs will run so smooth ppl will swear i hack since im already pretty good

That card actually doesnt run so good on Doom 3... I've seen benchmarks and Nvidia's 6800's runs alot better than X800's. I think ID software has maybe optimized it for 6800. The 6800's use SM3.0, so maybe thats why it runs better. And the requirments for Doom 3 are Intel 2.0Ghz+ and a 64MB card or higher with 384MB RAM.

I've seen both Beta's for HL2 and Doom3, Doom3 looked the best, but i was running doom 3 on a 1.2ghz and i cant seem to get it run on my current computer(driver issues). Both will probably have weaknesses and strengths.

*cough* i see a software pirate *cough*

j/k...

HL2 will be awesome.. Doom 3 is even better. Right now, i don't even know a release date for hl2. What I really can't wait for is Halo 2. It'll own! ;)

i will frankly buy doom3 for now, and wait and see whether half life 2 will come to PS2 or not ...

*cough* i see a software pirate *cough*

j/k...

HL2 will be awesome.. Doom 3 is even better. Right now, i don't even know a release date for hl2. What I really can't wait for is Halo 2. It'll own! :P
*Cough* Lans *Cough*

Thats a hard question both of these games are really gonna be sweet. Well when Doom 3 comes out. I have been a Doom fan for a lot of my life it is great. Than recently my friend got me playing Half life at his house one day and I feel in love with teh game. So when HL2 came out I had to go get and it is one of the sweetest games ever. I recommend it for anyone who loves a good game.

As for me Half Life 2 is the BESTTTTTT!!!!
Coz i'm fan of Counter Strike and single in HL2 is great one grav canon costs all monsters in Doom3 :)
I'm not real fan of Doom series alse hehe :) But it's system requrements pissed me off when i saw it....

In a word my decision is Half Life ...
Maybe anyone will create poll for this topic and we'll see real statistics what is more popular HL2 or Doom 3 B)

No, I'm not kidding. Id software has prepared doom 3 for the future by adding the Ultra high option for future 512MB video cards. Here are the setting and requirements:Low: high end 64MB cardMedium: high end 128MB cardHigh: high end 256MB cardUltra high: high end 512MB card