xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ryo

Help Needed Cd Drive

Ok i need some help fixing my cd drive. After I rebooted my laptop the drive stopped working. I tried to clear it out but that didnt work. I tried to take out the drive, but i don't know how. If u can help me out that would be cool, but if u cant then no more battle.net for me and thats a bad thing. Then the only game I can play is Ragnarok its an ok game but not good for noobs. Think You.

Notice from saint-michael:
fixed some errors in your post as requested and change topic title.
Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

i recommend calling the computer support they will give you the better advice on what you need to do to fix your cd drive, but most of the time you just need to unscrew a couple of screws to get at it. Also i recommend getting an air can and spray inside as well.

HiCan you be more specific how your DVD drive stopped working?Did it altogether die?Not powering up?Or it powers up,reads the CD,but does not recognize it?If it powers up,but doesn't recognize CD's,than it's most likely that lense has gotten dirty,and you should use aircan to spray it out,or get someone to clean it for you.Or,maybe your IDE cable is loose,and your computer doesn't properly understand your drive,and hence,doesn't recognize CD'sIf it in fact died,and is not powering up.Maybe you have a loos power cable,or your drive just simply gave up life.Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about,and didn't help at all :PCheers

I own a Dell notebook too..Simply flip your notebook upside down, you will see a small screw at the CD-Drive bay. Usually its only 1 screw.. Unscrew it then flip it back to the normal position.. At the side, facing the CD-drive you will find a rectangular button/clip. Press it to eject your drive out of the bay..That's how.. :P